cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Oh my Dad! Corn/Beans up 5 & 14

Tide went out and China`s been swimming naked.  And this drought thingy, we came into this growing season with a full charge of moisture.  But if this continues many draw a possible correlation of this year and 2011 which brought us into that drought year of 2012 and the $8 corn, if a hydrologist is speaking, my ears will be extra perked. 

Elwynn has talked of a 2025 drought, perhaps it`s coming early or will be connected?  Was down to Little Wall Lake at Jewell, furthest south I`ve been in a while, looks like south of Jewell, the wind damage starts.  Klemme silage chopped, south of Belmond on 69 there are fields of corn without a sliver of green or yellow all brown, ears drooping.  But crops pushed a month early has to`ve hit the yield more than what the Pro Farmer Tour saw a couple weeks ago.   

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lsc76cat
Senior Advisor

Re: Oh my Dad! Corn/Beans up 5 & 14

SCMN = third time in 10 days of dumping more than an inch out of the rain gage.

Beans planted May 11th (1.8s) haven't started to turn yet.  I'll bet a week from now will look different.

Would love to share the water.  Looked on the radar like rain crossed the Missouri River this morning and dissipated when it hit dry area in Iowa.

All the 70 degree nights we had in July pushed the corn,  Husks are drying and ears are tipping in places.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Oh my Dad! Corn/Beans up 5 & 14

Isc76cat, a friend of mine in the Owatonna area got 2" yesterday morning, that highway 14 corridor has gotten the rains all summer.  I was in the SWMN NWIA area and it got drier and drier further west I went on I-90 and that`s the way it`s been for them all summer.  The guy with the big Wyffels sticker on his bin by Worthington starts getting dry from there west, funny last year there and west was the too wet, prevent plant region.

Michelle Rook was talking to a guru about corn yesterday didn`t close above $3.63 which would`ve make the bulls happy.  But,  sounds like a lot of farmer selling and profit taking on the last day of the month.

USDA dropped G/E rating on corn 2%, Michelle`s guru said it would have to drop 3 or 4% to "feed the bull".   I think bean rating down 3% , traders so far aren`t punishing the soybeans.

0 Kudos