cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Old Ma Nature

After 6000 years there is a change

It's been 781 years since the last change anywhere on that peninsula.

And the climate change crowd thinks a 125 year recent slice of time is the way it should be?

How myopic.

https://www.ruv.is/frett/2021/03/20/live-feed-from-iceland-volcano

0 Kudos
18 Replies
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Re: Old Ma Nature

The climate here in Ohio changes almost every day. 

0 Kudos
nitefarm
Advisor

The climate has been changing since creation. We live on a sand and gravel ridge that’s 20 foot tall and 40ft wide and about 2 miles long in an otherwise flat bottoms area. A few years ago an soil scientist from up north was researching our area here in western Ky and he told us glaciers from the ice age pushed it here from New York ST. , and left it here when it melted. 

0 Kudos
ddtfarm1
Frequent Contributor

If the clever folks have figured this all out, why do I have to pay so much property and income tax to send you, your kids and grandkids to school. Maybe 8th grade is all we need in rural except for a little more emphasis on spelling and writing which seems to be a bit lacking now.  Seems like higher education is a waste out here with so much common sense available without even requesting it. Thanks for keeping us straight.

0 Kudos
rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Remember back in the 1990's when we had those terrible growing seasons because Mt. Pinatubo in the Philippines put so much ash into the atmosphere?

What if that happens this year , and blocks out the sun?

$15 corn?

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

ddt. ---- this thread has some good thinkers involved=====. so I am taking an "in service day" today for some mental therapy..... ( an educator would call it --hang over from spring break?).  My higher education was not wasted.  I just didn't use to well.  The useful part of that elevated education could have taken about 2 years or less instead of 6.  But the main problem was that the new elementary ed. 1-12 which results in similar to the old 1-8 learning, did not prepare me for higher education.  When you take discipline and responsibility out of the process the end result product is not quality.  

So it is my day off --(inner service) become a fatter teacher day......... but you spark a complex question I have and this might be the group to drop it on.....based on your education observations

Technology........ Does it give us the ability to concentrate education into the hands of those who have the dream and stop generating endowments on the backs of kid failures.  In other words giving everyone a general education that is mostly voter training.

I think you have something ...maybe not that extreme but education is certainly been rotted away for the masses.

0 Kudos
ddtfarm1
Frequent Contributor

SW, My education left me with the realization of how much I don't know as opposed to thinking I knew it all. Especially in science and history, which is dynamic and has very few absolutes.  Education is a lifelong responsibility and doesn't end when the local school superintendent kicks you out at the earliest opportunity.  Why do folks howl about educational funding for their kids and then ridicule the efforts of the education when they are uncomfortable? No wonder they never come back.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

The rub comes when you accept opinions, the closest probable  or theories to be part of Science or history.   They are both a study of absolutes and the reaction and realities of complex interactions.  We should never accept guesswork.  The honest answer to most scientific study is "We don't know enough to be sure."  The process of studying both areas of knowledge begin with theories and probability not ends with them.   Even historic crop production is just a record of the annual guesses by usda.... not based on facts...... so it is neither a history or a science...... as they claim.

education has been so dumbed down that we accept theory as fact if it has been quoted by a couple of "publications".  Why we are where we are politically and media wise these days.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Buffalo  Commons  ,  current Lake  Mead  levels ,  Switzerland - Artic  Glacier  disappearance ,   theory  or  science,  has  my  curiosity  - ? 

Does  U S D A  have  access  to  those  yield  monitor  recorded  result , tech  secrets' - like  the  weigh  station  has  to  your  E  L  D  recordings  -  ?

Dumbing Down ,  has  century's  of  recorded  history  -  examples  galore   -  -  -

0 Kudos
lsc76cat
Veteran Advisor

There have been core samples taken and other evidence gathered that indicate the Mediterranean Sea was dry at one time.  Always wondered if the flood stories passed on from different cultures came from when the glaciers melted and the Atlantic refilled the Mediterranean.  

Mapping of the sea floor indicates a big waterfall at the Straits of Gibraltar.

How about that for climate change.

0 Kudos