cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

On the subject of PP and crop condition.

Took a drive out across part of western NY yesterday and back by a different route. Saw quite a lot of unplanted ground some being worked to control the weeds presumably for wheat, some not touched.  Saw some good corn, saw a lot of 4 ft tall corn not even close to tasseling and presumably going to be a silage catch crop.  Saw some good soybeans, saw a lot  of late planted beans with big unplanted wet spots. There's something about late planted beans that were mudded-in, they just never do well.  There will be some beans harvested but there won't be a lack of bin space or lines waiting to unload at the elevator, that's for sure.

I don't know about Indiana, Ohio & Michigan but if they're like here, it's going to be a mediocre harvest.

More to the point, I don't know how anyone can possibly estimate production this year.  A lot of beans haven't start to blossom, to say nothing of podding up.  Lots of beans that will never pod up.

I seriously doubt if anyone will have a handle on corn or bean production in these rain-affected states until late fall at the earliest.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Honored Advisor

Re: On the subject of PP and crop condition.

Rick did you mean western New York ??  You just joking us.......??

Can't we count on that massive New York bean crop again this year??

0 Kudos