cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

One Big Thing to Watch

New strain of Covid.  The overnights were looking so good Sunday night and then something changed like in the 2020 election in the wee hours.  Dow down hard, oil ect.     Corn down a couple.

https://abc7ny.com/new-covid-strain-of-in-england-mutation/8929849/  

snip

WHAT'S CONCERNING ABOUT THE RECENT STRAIN FOUND IN ENGLAND?

Health experts in the U.K. and U.S. said the strain seems to infect more easily than others, but there is no evidence yet it is more deadly.

Patrick Vallance, the British government's chief scientific adviser, said that the strain "moves fast and is becoming the dominant variant," causing over 60% of infections in London by December.

The strain is also concerning because it has so many mutations - nearly two dozen - and some are on the spiky protein that the virus uses to attach to and infect cells. That spike is what current vaccines target.

"I'm worried about this, for sure," but it's too soon to know how important it ultimately will prove to be, said Dr. Ravi Gupta, who studies viruses at the University of Cambridge in England. He and other researchers posted a report of it on a website scientists use to quickly share developments, but the paper has not been formally reviewed or published in a journal.

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: It's all just a .....

It's all just a hoax, all just a hoax, nothing but a hoax, you said so yourself.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Covid19 had a kickass press agent in an election year, it`s real but hyped up.

Be Afraid Be Very Afraid GIFs | Tenor

Honored Advisor

There is another mean dog in Kansas...... Travel restrictions should be decided by a federal commission on animal control.  Will flights to wichita be canceled?

But I do not care about whatever the CDC is worried about.  It is their job.  And it is boring and should not be restricting your last opportunity to visit a family member.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

IF your looking to make a reservation at a rural or urban hospital in this area , the   NO VANANCY  signs are on  -  -  -

Read the articles concerning,  Ford  County  Kansas , and numerous other locations,   if  you  have doubts about  it  - unfortunately,   Herman Cain  can't  testify on the subject  -  -  -     

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

May be that someone thinks we need a new scare to keep the troops in line over the holidays.   So where do we go for scary data,,,,,, the packing plants.   Another round of tests and a federal rule that hospitals have to admit any positive test regardless of symptoms and there you have it -- the designated covid beds on the 3rd floor are full.

And a scary story is born      But wouldn't the fear of a "new" strain be even better.  Since our villian this year is a virus that continually mutates, this story could break in a timely fashion -- whenever we choose.

And a federal stimulus of near another trillion--- funding primarily federal employees and programs--- with promises of more to come.   

We are history----- this is absolute proof that people need to feed themselves and have a job that builds muscle.

we are so foolish........ I am getting tired of mentally yelling --- we all die... visit your family while they are still alive like the less unhinged masses do.   Smiley Happy

Note this was just a recap of the early news on nbc ---- and right now they are hyping Christmas shopping ideas...

the masses are ignorant enough to be taken.....

Sw -- advocating for grandparents everywhere.  Stop listening to DC and the media, go visit, hug and share a tear together.  Life has always been shorter than we want to admit.  And viruses have always been with us.  These people are delusional..... they think they can change it. (rubber room material)

Ask this question if you want to test sanity among authorities.  If I have had a strong case of covid do i still need the vaccine for it.  And if that doesn't bring a studder ask which mutation of covid does this vaccine work for?

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re: Do you really think they would ...

Do you really think Johnson cordoned off London and Europe barricaded itself from the UK just because of a "scare story"? Johnson's got a lot to lose either way but trump lost the election by not taking the virus seriously and he knows it.

The real question is, why hasn't trump restricted travel from the UK? Maybe it's because trump still "wants them infected" like he did last summer?

You know, you talk exactly like you'd expect some Russian internet troll would, sowing disinformation and doubt.

You aren't related to Lord Haw Haw, by any chance, are you?  You know, he was hanged by the British for treason.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: Do you really think they would ...

Rick....rick....rickky.... you really do need to get a life....go volunteer at food pantry....do something less evil....   Trump was trashed horribly for baning travel from Europe in the Feb/March...what is the good now...everyone knows it has already left the Brittish Isles....this mutation has been active for weeks and weeks, 60% of cases in DECEMBER in England for goodness sake. 

Well, I guess closing the barn door after the horse is out does make the barn feel better.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Great points SW...I love the latest story....no widespread vaccine availability until next fall....feeds the narrative, but just based upon local data, less than 40% of the population is going to take it....no long term effects data....etc.....so, we don't need 300 mil doses, only 150 mil, with 40 mil coming a month in January means anyone who wants it will have it by Easter. 

Well, until the we are forced to take it. That is certainly happening right now in health care...want to keep your job? Roll up your sleeve...   :-)

btw...I personally think it is safe  (but with my track record what I think is certainly useless), and I'll probably take it when available just like I do the flu shot every fall.... but for goodness sake, there is plenty of evidence to be skeptical of anything coming out of the CDC.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

The  Garden City ( Holcomb )  August 2019,   packing plant   ''''  Fire  '''''  being  truth ,  or  market  manipulation - $care tactic  fake news spot ? 

AND  how  did  the  Kansas Politicians responses ,   replies,   with  THEIR  CONVERSATIONS  after the details ? 

0 Kudos