cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: It's all just a .....

The fire department in Garden say they put out a fire so there was some truth.  And If it happened now with the covid power play, I am sure the plant would have been in safety inspections and continuous covid testing on a weekly basis as inspectors come and go.

Otherwise I have no idea how kansas politicians responded--- at that time they weren't trying to run everybody's lives.

Caaaaaall me wacky if you want but I am not a masked fool---I may be masked if it makes other folks happy but I know where we are.

1--- its a virus and not the first one.... and not even the most deadly one in history.

2--- Viruses mutate faster than we can develop vaccines..... every year we have an opportunity to get the vaccine for the "most likely" mutation of the year for the flu.  Or the most dangerous ----- or both may be the same.  And you still have a chance of getting the flu or a strain of it, whether it is voted most likely to succeed or not.

3.. The questions of its origin are very important.  Have we entered a new area of international competition?  But as for this years virus, it is here and among us....... We will handle it just like we have for centuries.  We will  out live it.  It will and has decreased in strength and a good % of the population already carries the antibodies.  What are the chances that all these "directives from on high" are actually dragging out the process with hardly any difference in lives saved.  If the whole country were exposed to it in a two months time like a flu virus every winter, would there be massive........you understand the point.

4    If we hospitalized every person with flu symptoms in 2018--- or tested them for exposure to the flu and hospitalized them whether they ever had symptoms or not..... Wouldn't the hospitals be in similar shape?  in 2018?  

Senior Advisor

Re: My wife's cousin is ....

My wife's cousin is a nurse on a Covid ward in the Hudson Valley for all these long months, if she heard you talk that way, she'd slap you up beside your head and tell you that you are F****'n crazy.  When she goes to work every day, it's not, "has anyone died but who's going to die today and how many."

It's not the flu.

So,  stop talking like that,  just stop, Nobody has the patience to listen to your crazy talk anymore.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

My doctor is a 40 something year old. Her 84 year old diabetic dad contracted the virus. He spent 1 night in the hospital to be given fluids because of sever diarrhea. She contracted the virus and it lasted about 3 days. Not nearly as bad as the flue was her response. In the elderly it can be much much worse than the flue. In the young it's not.

Honored Advisor

I had it and my wife has tested positive twice early in november, she was admitted to the covid floor both times and was sent home both times after two days for lack of symptoms without quarantine, yet her family was placed on quarantine because of her positive test. ---- first time with stomach pain and the second with 103.5F temp.  we can discuss the cost if you like but I think that is a far different issue.  I am sure she had it but both times she got iv fluids and came out of it quick without the more common symptoms of loss of senses or lung congestion.  But she is epileptic and takes a lot of medicine for that twice a day which changes the way she responds to sickness and treatments.  Also makes her a less desirable patient it seems.

I had a good case of it beginning with the loss of senses.  I like food and started suspecting it when nothing at the grocery looked desirable.  My kidneys started hurting for lack of fluid and I passed a little blood.   I took a bottle of water and could not taste it, so i began forcing liquids for 6 hours and my back pain went away.  Now knowing what I had, I kept drinking water and forced myself to eat some.  Next day I woke to a windpipe full of mucas which I coughed up for an hour(about 4 clumps) and began to feel nauseous.  After the hour my lungs were clear and after about 4 hours the desire to throw up went away.  By the third day It was all gone. ---------I thought the loss of senses was pretty scary, no taste, smell, hunger, or thirst comes first while you still feel good and can convince you to make bad choices just before the lung and nausea stuff sets in.  I'm near 70 years old, asthmatic and probably 30+ lbs overweight,---- otherwise as tough as a dirt storm riddled life can produce.  My lungs have endured a lot worse and the nausea was minimal.  I stayed at home in isolation  without meds and did not see the need for a hospital, but I have worked in a hospital lab, have aided on the floors, and ER,  also in a rest home getting myself through college, I have some pretty good basic training.  Grew up with a mom that took us to the neighbors every time someone caught a childhood disease to gain us exposure and this is one of those cases where children need exposure because they have very little risk of not recovering and everything to gain by having the antibodies. Teachers are primarily under the age of 50 which also seem to handle the virus with little mortality risk. Protecting them until they are older makes no sense......   This will probably be with us for a long time.  We should be applying the wisdom we have in handling as best we can for the long haul and avoid the short term panic mode and maybe not follow the New York example of moving covid patients to long term care facilities---medically trained should know better.  Some of us can still remember polio. I nearly lost my father in his 30's to Scarlett Fever.  IMO and It is just my opinion,  The statistics do not support the panic mode for covid even in meat packing towns like dodge City.........  And when you peel out the "cases" that are test only or test with minor symptoms, are the stats really that bad nation wide.  Or do we just live in a population that hasn't known or been threatened by anything risky in decades.  Maybe New York needs to leave the disease control to the medically trained and not send covid patients to long term care facilities...... That is hearsay out here on the high plains.--- seems unbelievable ---can you verify whether that actually happened? 

Senior Advisor

https://apnews.com/article/b29d0a5eb51a5aed21d5efe132c33374

Headline -- NY count: 6,300 virus patients were sent to nursing homes

Article is fairly written.  Doubt anybody has the actual numbers, but it was done, and some or many of the patients could have been infectious.  The hospitals were making room for the most serious cases.

And, in the case of New York, there was also a military hospital ship brought into their harbor, which reportedly wasn't used.  Similar to, but didn't research all the locations, the many temporary hospitals set up that were also underused or not used at all. 

Contributor

All you hoaxers and anti vaccers should follow Iowa Senator Ernst, 1st in line to get that shot in the arm. OMG!

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

So  the  $10.oo  drop in fat cattle cash market from the Holcomb fire deal was due to -  Fake News of it's severity ?

Translation being , even us - me,  Check- Off ,   High Plains ,  folks,  can be duped by unreliable market info - Maybe ?

A  quite response  from Midwest elected, although it was mentioned , the situation was being ''' monitored '''  -  -  -

Fake News,  and it's effects aren't exclusively generated on the East - West  Coast  - that effect  the lively hoods of  the  Middle  America  -  maybe  -  ?      

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

"Frankly, I'm not going to trust the federal government's opinion, and I wouldn’t recommend to New Yorkers, based on the federal government’s opinion," - Governor Cuomo Sept 24, 2020.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

It  appears  the  Covid  &  Brexit  are  quite  monumental  for  our  British Allies  - as  Prime Minister says, Cancel Christmas  -  -  -

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

And carry all of those hams over into the new year.

0 Kudos