Senior Contributor

Re: One local

Welcome to the site Iowastudent , we need many opinions. You sound like a good young man .

Senior Advisor

Cocky ? OR just confidents ? Maybe a little of both -  But I like it - lol   Nothing better than bringing home a new pup and watch the old dog get it's hackles up - lol  and sometimes older dog will snap back - which can get interesting - lol

Welcome new pup and keep up the nice work - just watch the old dogs on here - they still have a " few " teeth left - lmao

Veteran Contributor

No, I am not going to give a pass.   Fake info is still spreading falsehoods.  If you can't do a little research before you post and get your facts right, don't post it.  I have a son that comes home from college and the half-truths that are taught are simply amazing. It takes an enormous amount of time to show and find the actual truth. In a way, it is discouraging.  Most of them are political.  Some are just historical that are easy to find.  Hobby, we need more like you, and not less.  That is my view. 

Senior Advisor

More Hobby's ???????????????????? OH dang - May be a early beer day !   -- lol 

Honored Advisor

It`s doctor`s orders to have more hobbies.  Smiley Happy    

Communication is 7% words, so I suppose what happened is some posters thought "it`s a 19yr old Iowa State, know it all kid claiming that the big boys are going broke and the medium size farmers will be in the lime light again" .    Well, some bigshots will go broke and some will get bigger off of the carcasses of the failed bigshots.  The medium size farmers will get bigger in size also, but fewer in number...it`s like playing a no limit poker game with a rich guy, he`ll eventually win.   JMHO

Honored Advisor

My son and I had this discussion today about how insane it is to have a government borrowing trillions to operate while our west coast tech companise like Facebook work a deal to pay income tax in another country at 2% rate,.....then sit on huge amounts of cash undestributed, while their stockholders can pass on income tax as their stock value climbs as long as they don't sell the stock, acquiring astronomical wealth while they contribute to political candidates who have, naturally, refuse to adjust our antiquated tax code to new commerce.

We sit here and watch stores close like Sears while internet shopping like Amazon Prime grows wealth and parks it in whatever country offers the best deal.

Where are we when robotics finish replacing labor ....... and we have a tax code based on a w-2...?

I think I saw a glimmer of light in his eyes towards the end.... 

Senior Contributor

I'm glad I had a more inviting welcoming committee when I started reading this forum! I'm only 35, but I know enough to believe I need to learn more. Lol
Oh and Hobby, I had the same thought on the GM/Chrysler bailouts. My dad taught me from birth "think before you speak". That should be even easier when you're typing. Btw, why was the auto industry singled out? AIG received huge amounts before Obamacare took aholt, was that a payoff to stay quiet?
Y'all play nice! Supper time :-)