0 Kudos
16 Replies
Advisor

Re: One of the good roads in Brazil

i hate when that happens

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Alot  of things come to mind here - Like - Boy that was a pretty good cable ! Or they just don't make them like they use too -- OR I be a SOB - OR OK Einsten  What NOW - OR who's brain storm was  this anyway ? OR Boy the boss is going to have a calf when we tell about this one - OR the call to the Boss - I'm not calling him - you call him . OR what will the boss say when you do call him ?? Your chitt'n me -- right ?

What they should have done was call Davis Wrecker Service out of Rushville - they have 2 Tri Axles wreckers there -

0 Kudos
Contributor

Proof that mixing hp and brain cells in unequal portions may produce less than desirable results.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Dang -- i forgot my favorite !  Here -- hold my beer and watch this --- Smiley Very Happy

BTW   Hey Bins -- how much snow did you get over there ?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I know a guy that knows a guy that can buff that out.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I've heard of Mexican standoffs, but Brazilian pulloffs? Somebody call the elevator and ask if we can extend the contract out another month. We might be awhile in this traffic jam!
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Were they pulling both trucks at the same time? How can one truck be stuck that tightly? You would have thought something on the truck would have snapped first.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Have you ever had a big truck just up and sink with a full-- or beyond full load? 100 to 120k lb loads require a pretty dam good base. Looks like the drives on that cab over are sunk pretty deep and sitting on the axles.
I got a rubber tire loader stuck about 5 years ago and it just kept going deeper. Walked back and got a 955L track loader to chain it to. Hooked them bucket to bucket.. Roll the bucket backwards and it drug the 955 forward with the brake drawed. Had to dig a hole to have a berm for the the track loader to sit against before it would suck up outta the mud.
Takes a pretty stout chain!
I'm guessing valtra tractors aren't real heavy like the cast iron tug boats of 30-40 years ago. God knows foreign grade 8 bolts can't take the strain that USA grade 8's can...
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I've got 4 of them, 2  of them are 190hp and a 120hp and a 90 hp. Might want to ask my neighbors with the Case's and JD's what mine can and did do against a dead pull and how well they are built..

Those were 160 + hp tractors. Lets put 4 of them in front of your favorite 160/180 hp color. and see what happens when it is dead anchored. All are MFWD with great footing and I noticed a few wheel wts on them too. Don't forget the front wheels of the broken one were pulling too. Based on mine each of those weigh in between 14,000 and 16,000 pounds (mine are a different model and each of the bigger ones of mine weigh 16,000# with out duals etc).

I've seen a 856 IH in two pieces and it didn't have that many foot pounds of pull on it.

0 Kudos