cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Ope! Shawn Hackett shares some of Sue`s enthusiasm

Shawn on Market Plus was kind of bullish, maybe not "Sue bullish" but pretty bullish going into 2022.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1QxHssHf6U

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: Ope! Shawn Hackett shares some of Sue`s enthusiasm

Maybe we are fighting inflation on the backs of agriculture.... but their discussion of higher ranges should have taken place in 2012 but usda stomped on the "every crop is an all time record" before acres are decided enough to prevent the acceptance of inflation.  Even though costs kept rising..... transportation, education, labor, etc etc etc.

I would like to say he is right, but I said that 9 years ago.  And paid a heavy price for it in farm losses.  It is insane the number of dollars pumped into agriculture through many different avenues the past 6 years just to keep things floating while we raised cheap grain in an inflating economy.

The narrative is so strong that some actually wonder where the antifa group came from.......... the fallout from borrowing more than can be paid back for a worthless "education".  And being a product of an roaring economy that discards its workers in 4 year cycles--- the tech world.  All that meaning that those teachers are going back to whatever jobs are left when this is over.  And real students are going to go somewhere new for an education.  Maybe the old local private school or one room schoolhouses that produced scholars long before a teachers union existed.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Ope! Shawn Hackett shares some of Sue`s enthusiasm

There`s a saying "spring comes once a year, don`t miss it!"  and that`s with profitable prices coming 3 years every decade..."don`t miss it!".    Some will say "though it`s off it`s highs, it`s still profitable...I`ll think I`ll go in Monday morning and sell my APH!".  Well, that`s good, however what happens if you sold too soon?  You sell $4.50 new corn and $12 beans, but things go wild and your neighbors sell $6 corn and $15 beans?  Who`s gonna rent the Hicks farm that comes up for $400, you or your $6 corn neighbors?   Oh yeah "Buy a call" well okay spend a king`s ransom on options, get 6 bucks for your corn even if it costs you a buck fifty to do it. 

So, I don`t know, but once you pull the trigger, it`s all runway behind you.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Remember, whether you're landing or taking off, it's ...

Remember, when you're flying an airplane, whether you're landing or taking off, it's not how much runway you have behind you but how much runway you have ahead of you that counts.

0 Kudos