cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

Re: OptionEye...April 15th

It's on the way. Land and machinery prices will drop when the reality of return from $4 corn, $10 beans and $5 wheat finally hits home.  Take away govt payments and reduce support for crop insurance and these will also make it will drop. Couple all of these with higher taxes and reduced deductions and the ag economy is going to really suffer.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re: OptionEye...April 15th/Deflationary Spiral

If you get caught cheating on your wife rsw even even Bomber Ben will not be able to control your personal deflationary spiral. 

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!

You can't do this to me! Everyone knows the Fed's actions and the debt are inflationary !!!!!!  Will somebody PLEASE make up their minds!!!!!  If deflation is the threat then the Fed has been right all along - NO ?????????????

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!

LOL Palouser..... Tell em like it is......p-oed

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re: WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!

Boy this has turned into a great day here !  If gold just go's down another 50 bucks , then I'll be able to buy my wife's jewelry back from the pawn shop , Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

The problem is that we need real inflation i.e., people being paid more.

Not phony asset inflation or the final bit of phoney asset inflation which was turning commodities into inflating financial assets.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I generally agree w/ your statements. But it ain't going to happen. It's true that equity prices don't create many jobs. The middle class that has room to put away retirement money doesn't benefit until they retire. They DO need jobs. And they need higher wages - which business is not going to willingly give.

The only hope is Congress doing their job and that doesn't look likely. We need stimulus for infrastructure - and not JUST from bigger projects. And the tax structure needs to be overhauled so that the wealthy carry their own weight. You cannot destroy the middle class for some goofy trickle down beliefs. We're at the end of the road on that misguided venture.

But Congress is NOT going to do it.

0 Kudos