Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

OptionEye....April 5th

Good morning.

Jobs numbers stink.

Things are not getting better.

Corn looks to have bottomed out...I think

Beans still sliding and wheat is as well.

Illinois farmland goes for 16k an acre on Mar. 15th. 48 million people on foodstamps. All time highs in the equities with an almost 0% growth rate. Who are you and what have you done with my America? Almost unrecognizable.

I feel like corn is finding a bottom here as more and more traders get bearish and capitulation starts in earnest.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: OptionEye....April 5th

from zerohedge.com

People Not In Labor Force Soars By 663,000 To 90 Million, Labor Force
Participation Rate At 1979 Levels

Seriously??

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Scott..... OUR America took a HUGE hit as we had known it for most of our life when the banks almost took the world to the brink...... Going to take a long time to recover...... 

As for IMO stupid land prices..... The last chapter has not been written yet...... p-oed

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I believe you are right. At least I hope you are right.

However, if you/we are correct this will play out painfully over decades.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Yes, saw that Illinois farmland had a darn good farmland appreciation rate, much as we have had in Iowa. In Iowa it was 10% for the last 6 months, we keep that up a 20% total for 2013 will look good. In 2011 for Iowa farmland it appreciation rate was 28%, 2012 it was 38%, and if it stays at 20% for 2013, that is a 86% rate for 3 years, darn close to doubling in 3 years. It can't continue those types of appreciation rates forever, that's for sure. Yes, all it does is look good on paper, but really means nothing unless you plan to sell your farmland. That's the bad part about high land appreciation rates, to get at some of that money, you need to sell some farmland.

And yes, I think corn has finially found a bottom. That would stop all the bleeding. However, I hope we have one chance in 2013 to get $6 cash corn on the DEC/2013 Contract. That would be really, really, nice and give me a 6.75% ROI Ratio for the 2013 corn crop.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

We are feeding the cancer on a world wide basis.  We will keep printing until every economy in the world slows to stop and there may not be enough earning power to update the smart phone habit.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Scott..... Being the eternal optimistic I do think that it will get better quicker than we think today.... We will just have to work harder to look for the opportunities from now on...... p-oed 

PS..... Things always look the worst when they are.....:~)

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

hope and change,  would you like a reciept?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

You misspelled receipt.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

At this rate the metal of the future we use for currency will be LEAD and not gold.

0 Kudos