Crony Capitalism

Rule of Law disappearing in the financials

Lack of real statesmen in our govt

Thats whats wrong

And the continued theft of the dollar value of the middle class

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re: OptionEye....April 5th

How can the number of people exiting the labor force go anything but up with all the baby boomers retiring?   We have known for years that would be a problem.  And that doesn't peak for another ten plus years.  That is one reason behind the immigration reform, since those retiring are much greater than those born each year, we need immigration to fill the void.  Add to that, many babies are now born in welfare families and several of those may never participate in the work force.

Back to marketing.  How is the bird flu negative grains?  You have to kill animals ready to eat.  Billions of Chinese still need to eat.  So you have to use double the feed because you have to raise another animal to replace the one you killed.

Sometimes the spin on news is mind boggling. 

I know we need rain, but there is nothing more enjoyable that planting is dryer conditions(as long as there is enough moisture to germinate) and not having to worry about any mud holes. 

Van....would you do a spell check for me? I am running behind.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

sw363535- The Federal Reserve is very concerned we could get in a Deflationary Spiral like in the 1930's. A Deflationary Spiral would have everyone on there knees in just a very short time period. That is what happened in the 1930's and caused all the pain. The Federal Reserve should have increased M1, which is a measurement of our Money Supply to at least double and the Deflationary Spiral would not have happened and the 1930's would not have been as painful. Instead, the Federal Reserve actually DECREASED the money supply at the beginning of the 1930's Depression which made things 10x worse. The Federal Reserve people who made that decision to decrease M1 should have been shot, they made a HUGE mistake in decreasing M1. Bomber Ben, the head of the Federal Reserve will never, ever, in a million years let our country get in a Deflationary Spiral, if we did get in a Deflationary Spiral it could take 5-10 years to recover and it would have all Americans on there knees till it was fixed.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

jec22 ......"running behind?"    behind what?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I'm 35 years old,  I often wonder what I will see when I'm 70 years old?   Land prices are a little high in my opinion for long term profitability

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: OptionEye....April 5th/Highyields

Highyields- in Iowa for the 2012 corn crop, most guys had at least a 10% Return on Investment from growing corn. The 50+year average range for corn ROI's is in the 4 to 6% range, so the 2012 10% ROI was much, much, better than the average. To get back to the 4 to 6% range would require farmland to go up in value by an additional $3,000/acre or for corn prices to go down to $5 a bushel. You can take your pick of what option is needed to bring farmland back to the long-term Traditional 4 to 6% ROI Ratio. But, I will bet you a million dollars that in the next few years there will be something to bring farmland values back to the long-term average ROI Ratio of 4 to 6%. If you look at the last 50 years of historical data. There is always something that brings farmland values back to the 4 to 6% ROI Ratio. The current farmland market will do exactly the samething. I will also bet you a beer on that.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

When things are positive always a grumpy old man,

when things are negative always a grumpy old man.  

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Vandenplas,

I am still paying on my student loan.------------------ Spelling would have been one of those degrees where you have to go to klass.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

highyield,

How slowly things happen at the time.  And how quickly they changed looking back.

Thinking about my entries over the years,  Inflation is a constant---------- I say it,  others deny it, repeat.

Land prices is one of those things that show it most obviously.  Up and down but always with an upward movement.

It has a little to do with a lot of things, but mostly it has to do with the value of the currency, or should I say the instability of the currency.  Value the land in terms of acres per tractor, car, or house.----------- several items at different timeperiods.  Then value the land in terms of commodities like bu/lbs/tons/ per acre of corn, soybeans, gold, copper, etc.  ------------ chart a little,  shake and spread out on a desk.  And you will realize that what is changing in value is the currency.  The full faith and yada yada yada.

2 solutions ahead--------------------- depression, with its urban chaos    or --------- the more likely accelerating inflation.(the choice of our time)

That being the case------------ $18,ooo per acre ground may be a bargain in ten yrs. 

ONE truth is constant and legislation will not stop it------------- after 35 --------- 10 years will go by at an ever inflating rate. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

sw,

shouldn't mis-spelling a word qualify you for the dole?

0 Kudos