cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShelladyOptions
Senior Contributor

OptionEye...Dec 14th

Good morning all.

Still reeling from the effects of the Fed meeting over the last two days. Funny listening to their concerns. As a trader on the ground I can tell you that we are still in a heap of trouble.

We have no inflation. The Fed keeps printing. Banks hoard cash. Corporations hoard cash. Unemployment not significantly improving and we only are growing at between 1.5% and 2.0%. Where is the silver lining? Maybe someone out there has a better idea. I am a positive person but my inputs tell me DEFLATION is on the way and we are slipping down the same slope as Japan.

Scott

0 Kudos
7 Replies
puff33m
Contributor

Re: OptionEye...Dec 14th

I see the gas station has brought in 12 packs of 8 oz cans of bud and bud light for 6.99. I call that inflation. Not saying anyone has spare dollars to chase high priced beer. But its not getting cheaper.
0 Kudos
Silverwheaton
Senior Contributor

Scott,  Yes we can have corrective bouts of lower asset prices,  but we are seeing massive inflation of our currency that will one day start to take hold of prices and there will be no turning back.  The clowns in Washington will see to it.

0 Kudos
highyields
Senior Contributor

I'm afraid your right Japan is what we are headed to.  They didn't learn anything,  or Japan was the experiment,

0 Kudos
GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

If we're lucky, our economy will be a mirror image of Japan's.  If we're not so lucky, our economy will be a mirror image of Greece's.  This entire dog and pony show going on in Washington is not very appealing.  Once one gets down to the brass tax of it all, it's fairly easy to see what needs to be done.  However, no one has the stomach to do it.  We have 100 current tax deductions that keep 1.1 trillion annually from the gov't coffer.  Coincidentally, we're running trillion plus deficits.  We have one side of the aisle pledging to raise the taxes on the rich while the other wants loopholes closed.  I for the life of me can't understand what raising the tax rates on the rich will do because they're not paying the taxes anyway.  Take Buffett for example.  His salary is 100K, so his rate won't go up.  Taking capital gains and dividends up won't affect him either as Berkshire doesn't pay dividends, and they rarely sell stocks.  Buffett is one of the richest people here, yet his taxes won't be affected at all by what the D's want to do.  Does this make sense?

Then, we have the brainwashed out there crying about how closing loopholes will cost the poor and middle class such as the home mortgage deduction.  If they'd do any research at all, they'd easily see that very few even qualify for the deduction because one must itemize on their tax return to even get it.  From the research I've seen, none of those in the bottom 40th percent tax payers use it while only roughly 17% in the 40th to 80th percentile tax payers use it.  Almost all of those in the 80th to 95th percentile of tax payers use it.  Thus, it really is a deduction for the rich. 

0 Kudos
Silverwheaton
Senior Contributor

Gored,

We don't have a tax problem, we have a spending problem.

Read this carefully.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-16-trillion-only-hints-040600503.html?fb_action_ids=45113970492327...#_=_

0 Kudos
GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

I don't need to read anything to understand we have a spending problem, and we've had a spending problem for quite some time.  The only way to get out from underneath this mess is through increased gov't revenue and spending cuts.  I just think it's a waste of time trying to tax the rich more when most of them don't pay the full amount now.  The only people who win with what is being promoted by the D's now are lawyers and tax accountants. 

0 Kudos
Silverwheaton
Senior Contributor

I agree with you about taxing the rich! 

0 Kudos