cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShelladyOptions
Senior Contributor

OptionEye Feb 3rd

The market is going to like this.

Don't fight the tape on this one. Non-farm payrolls come in +243k which is well above the +144k expectation.

Stocks immediately shot higher as bonds tanked. The 10 year yield went from 1.81 to 1.90. Ouch.

I think corn, wheat and beans will like the money flows. Corn is called up 1, wheat is called up 5 and soybeans are called up 6 to 7.

The dollar is weakening a tad to give further fuel to that fire. Expect all the commodities above to tack on a few cents to their opening calls.

Scott

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShelladyOptions
Senior Contributor

Re: OptionEye Feb 3rd

Dollar is strengthening now.....

0 Kudos
GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

I'm a bit surprised that the DOW has been up almost 200 points from this news.  The market is projecting we get QE3.  With better than expected economic news, it would seem that seeing QE3 would somewhat diminish with better than expected news.   

0 Kudos
ShelladyOptions
Senior Contributor

I would have to agree with you on this one.  I think we are seeing some positives come out of the economy, but the path ahead is still a bit foggy judging by the transparency of the Fed.  I think there are still some things that need to be ironed out before we see true growth.  That being said it is getting hard to keep myself from dipping my toe in the pool.

Scott

0 Kudos