cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

OptionEye...June 18th

Everything is OK...wait. No its not.

Europe beginning to fail. A lot of ag managers got square on Friday just in case today was a rough ride. I think that with the Greek election out of the way, ags again will focus on weather and (lack) of rain while the rest of the world watches the Fed meeting this week.

Gold is lower, Oil is lower and stocks that had initially been higher overnight have now turned lower. We will watch crop progress and see how that goes as well.

Going to be another bumpy ride this week. Keep an eye on July corn. I think things are getting interesting.

Scott

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Advisor

Re: OptionEye...June 18th

...Need a coin to toss there Scott???...LOL

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I need a lot more than that...Maybe a psychiatrist?

0 Kudos
Advisor

..psychiatrists are mostly overpaid...stick with a bartender and get something for your money!!!..LOL

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Scott have you heard if any of that brazil corn has made it to the ports yet. It looks like we are goin to need it soon.
0 Kudos
Contributor

If you guys south of the 49th are running low on corn try us up here in Ontario. We are currently -15 cents under Chi town so we must have lots. Cheaper to truck it down I-75 that up the Atlantic.

0 Kudos
Advisor

...I think it's about an hour and 15 minute drive from the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit to Fostoria, OH where you can get $1.12 over the Chicago right now....Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Contributor

Go figure, that's a net difference of $1.27 a bushel or around 47 bucks a tonne. Got to be some truckers out there that could make that trip pay.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Can you get a load of corn through customs?

0 Kudos
Advisor

...I know some farmers from the Elmore, Ohio area that used to ship loads of bulk tomatoes to a plant in Leamington, Ontario...so yeah, I don't think it would be much of a problem to haul corn south.

0 Kudos