cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

OptionEye - Macro Outlook - Aug 28th

Good moring. 

Russia back at it again and in the headlines. 

Our stocks are lower and Europe is pretty much lower by .50% to 1.50% across the board. Looks like we will start off on a negative but maybe not as much as we would have. Bulls may be rescued by a good GDP number at 4.2% against expectations of 3.9%. Regardless, things will slow. 

The 10 year doesn't care. It is trading lower to 2.33% which is confusing a lot of people. 

Oil up .20 cents to $04.08 and gold up again $10.41 to $1293.01. 

The dollar is up .09 to 82.52. 

Grains are a bit better with corn up 1/2 cent, soybeans up 3 and wheat up 6.

Things are going to getter thinner and dicier as we head into the weekend. Be careful. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: OptionEye - Macro Outlook - Aug 28th

Wonder how many got the same call I got this morning?

Bean possessor needs one or two more days worth of beans before a two week shut down.

Twenty minutes after I declined the offer ,it was put out on their mass text line. The caller had told me there are a lot out there but most that had them seem to have very little interest in selling at anything less than in the teens. I was offered a price in the teeny weeny teens. I'm guessing they did not get many bought. Needed to be delivered before Sept 6th. Was a call from the head person, not an underling.

If you need the money better do it now.  Two or so weeks from now it will be over.

The new tax rules are sure screwing up a great system. We are just Argentina North. 

Now on the back burner is that massive volcano system in Iceland, it is melting and cracking  part of the largest glacier in Europe.

If it really goes off in a big way (up to 25 mile long crack could open.) Next year could be the year without a summer. Yes it is the 100 to one long shot. As of last night 25,000,000 cu meters of melted rock has swelled near the surface. The old farmers almanac might be right about a cold winter.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Larry Acker predicted a killing frost in July, but I can't remember what year. Possibly 2015 but I'm not sure, if you buy into what Larry sells.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Must not have gotten too many bites on their offer....closed at the price they offered me...price was still available.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Is that the same one that blew a few years ago?  As I recall, it shut down air traffic to Europe for several days?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Pretty sure it is the same one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Different volcanoe, same country Iceland

News this morning has a fissure 1 km long and ash plume.

Aviation stopped in the area.

0 Kudos