cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

OptionEye - Macro Outlook - July 15th

Good morning. 

I guess the world is supposed to be a safer place this morning...I'm not so sure. 

Overnight grains saw corn a little lower by 2 cents, beans shed 7 cents and wheat 8 cents. Kind of an ugly start here in the grain room. 

Stocks are up just a hair this morning with our S & P future pointing to higher opening by about 2 points. 

The 10 year still drifting and stands at 2.39%. Yesterday's retail sales numbers were horrible. I can't see how they will raise rates this year unless things turn around and turn around fast. 

Oil is lower with pressure from the Iranian deal and trades at $52.76 down .28 cents. Gold is lower by .20 cents to $1155.63. 

The dollar is basically unchanged at 96.65 which is up .01. 

Today we get MBA Mortgage Apps, PPI, Emprie Manufacturing, Insustrial Production and Capacity Utilization. There will be lots of data to digest today. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: OptionEye - Macro Outlook - July 15th

Hello.  This is for the fellow in the the fancy vest.  Now that the floor is gone, how does the info flow work now, do you all

gather in the "tv room" at the board of trade and watch the screens flash, and listen to the crickets chirp, or gather at

a coffee shop with your fellow traders, and watch a screen a screen while drinking coffee and eating rolls, and have your

cell phones with speed dial.

I suspect you stay at home or an office, but i would tend to view this a "isolated".  How do you feel this impacts the

quality of the info you now get, no more "idea exchanges", and overall has it making you double think the trades

and positions made, do to fellow group thinkers ?

consensious on the floor by a few trusted friends vs at home, in the basement, with "mission control", monitors showing

markets, and news feeds.

just thinking.....................i know, that's dangerious

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

el cheapo,  Thanks alot.    I now have visions in my head of these guys in their sweatpants, at their computers, in their parents basements.Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Scott, thanks for all the updates and insights.   I've been unable to post for quite a while, but have been able to read your threads.   Now that I'm posting again, thought I'd say thanks for all the time you spend on the updates.

0 Kudos