cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

OptionEye - Macro Outlook - Nov. 17th

Good morning. 

We wake up to a technical recession in Japan. Tax hikes last year have now come to fruition. This will be a big story today as some of the Japanese Prime Minister's aides have begun to question the validity of QE. Uh oh...

The affects will be felt here in the US as Europes equity prices are already lower. Our S & P is lower by 6 points. 

Corn is down 2, beans down 3 and wheat down 1. 

Oil is trading on either side of $75 and sits at $75.31 down .51 cents. 

Gold is up by 50 cents to $1189.25. 

The 10 year is sinking and is now below 2.30% and currently sits at 2.29%. 

We get Industrial Production this morning as well as Empire Manufacturing and Capacity Utilization. Hopefully somethning in those numbers will bolster us here in the U.S. 

The dollar is stronger again and is up .18 to 87.71. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: OptionEye - Macro Outlook - Nov. 17th

We just can't admit we killed the Golden Goose known as the middle class. It's going to be a VERY late and long wake. The hangover is going to be stupendous.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

If we,ve killed the middle class, I hate to think about which class I've become.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Shaggy, Shaggy, Shaggy, (just rolling my eyes and doing the head shake here) hate to have to be the one to tell you this but you are in a class all by yourself.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Why thank you Hobby, thank you thank you.  Being in a class all by myself enables me to be the class clown as well as the teachers pet.  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

You're one of the few in the middle class favored by government mandates and subsidies, and lucky enough to have growing demand for your productivity. In other words, you're special. You're in the middle class but you aren't representative of the middle class.

0 Kudos