cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

OptionEye - Macro Outlook - Oct 14th

Good morning. 

If yesterday was a holiday to you I hope it was a good one. You are going to need it. The markets acted like a 'homesick angel' yesterday. (One of my father's favorite quotes). Today the corn market is unchanged, beans are up 6 and wheat is down 2. Blame it on the rain....an old song but appropriate for the harvest rally. 

Stocks got hit hard again yesterday in the last hour of trade. Today the the market will open a little higher but precariously so. 

Gold can't even manage a serious rally. Gold is down .49 cents to $1235.38 this morning. Oil, too, has had a hard time and sits at $84.79 down .95 cents. Wait what? Weren't lower oil prices supposed to spur on the economy?

The dollar is stronger by .21 and sits at 85.74. 

The 10 year continues its march lower and has broken through 2.20% this morning and is at 2.18 as we speak. Looks like 2.00% is on the cards. Not good. 

And, as I write, stocks begin to slip....here we go again. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Senior Contributor

Re: OptionEye - Macro Outlook - Oct 14th

Hey, Scott. So, are the markets -- commodities, equities and others -- going to pay any attention to this Ebola story as it develops? We've got the World Food Prize here in Des Moines this week, and it's going to be a hot topic at that event. What's the word on the street there? 

0 Kudos