Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

OptionEye Macro Outlook - Sept. 16th

Good morning.

Let the meetings begin!

These are the days everyone has been waiting for the last few months. We will get some clarity for sure. Either they raise interest rates or they don't. Period. Could they yes. Should they......no. I believe that raising rates is something policy makers do to cool off an overheating economy. Period. We are nowhere near that scenario.

If they raise them it will be for the wrong reasons. That is dangerous.

Overnight corn down 1, beans down 3 and wheat down 5.

Oil is higher by .63 cents to $45.22 and gold is higher by $2.45 to $1107.70.

The 10 year yield rising yesterday to 2.27% on rate rise fears.

Stocks are unchanged as we wait for the Fed speak. The S & P future is down 1 point and the Dow future is up 1.00.

We see the CPI today as Fed Ex has missed ernings this morning and HP announces big layoffs.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Moved:

Re: OptionEye Macro Outlook - Sept. 16th

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Unless the fed would purposely want to crash the economy, I can`t see how they will raise rates even .25 points.    If they know they can`t actually raise rates why do they always threaten to "play chicken" every few months?   Just be honest with the people that the economy is too weak..actually too bloated to ever raise rates without the risk of armageddon.   I know they`d like to raise rates for the tool to fight the inflation boogie man, but if it can`t happen it can`t happen, just announce another round of QE and prove Peter Schiff right  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Wow Issie is even attacking OptionEye.  Between this and the Glyfosate discussion he obviously has no fucking clue about grain markets or what moves them.  He needs to be FIRED before he completely destroys this site!

Veteran Advisor

I respectfully disagree.  Interest rates affect the dollar, and the dollar affect trade of commodities and how cheap or expensive our grain is to the world.  HUGE marketing factor.

Visitor

[ New ]

Interest rates SHOULD go up.   interest rates are designed to control the flow of money, since 2008 the borrowing rate has in a sense been 0%,,,,,and this has NEVER helped the economy at all.    Japan has had close to 0% for interest rates for close to 30 years now and they haven't gain a damn thing except the banks making more money.  We had the last locally owned bank swalled up by a bigger one out of Omaha just this summer,   This is all cheap money has created,,,,

With new pickups close to $50,000 and farm ground up to and well over $10,000/ac we have major inflation in the market,,,,you need to raise interest rates.   I don't care what some idiot with a Doctoral degree from some Ivy league schools says, money is to cheap,,,,

the Feds numbers they use are all fudged anyway,, just like the USDA numbers are,,,just a bunch of BS designed to moved the market in whatever way the biggest players want the market to move.  

Cheap money is the worse thing for a economy long term....