- Agriculture.com Community
- Announcements & Forum Help
- Farm Business
- Young & Beginning Farmers
- Cattle Talk
- Crop Talk
- Hog Talk
- Machinery Marketplace
- Shops, buildings and bins
- Ask the SF Engineman!
- Computers & more
- Precision Agriculture
- People & Rural Life
- Ag Forum
- Women In Ag
- Agriculture.com Blogs
- Your Farm in the Future
- Women in Ag: Lisa Foust Prater
- Women in Ag: Brenda Frketich
- Women in Ag: Anne Miller
- Women in Ag: Jennifer Dewey
- Women in Ag: Talkin' Turkey with Lara Durben
- Women in Ag: Heather Lifsey Barnes
03-06-2013 07:11 AM
Got this off of www.zerohedge.com last night. I think it is pretty thought provoking.
- Dow Jones Industrial Average: Then 14164.5; Now 14164.5
- Regular Gas Price: Then $2.75; Now $3.73
- GDP Growth: Then +2.5%; Now +1.6%
- Americans Unemployed (in Labor Force): Then 6.7 million; Now 13.2 million
- Americans On Food Stamps: Then 26.9 million; Now 47.69 million
- Size of Fed's Balance Sheet: Then $0.89 trillion; Now $3.01 trillion
- US Debt as a Percentage of GDP: Then ~38%; Now 74.2%
- US Deficit (LTM): Then $97 billion; Now $975.6 billion
- Total US Debt Oustanding: Then $9.008 trillion; Now $16.43 trillion
- US Household Debt: Then $13.5 trillion; Now 12.87 trillion
- Labor Force Particpation Rate: Then 65.8%; Now 63.6%
- Consumer Confidence: Then 99.5; Now 69.6
- S&P Rating of the US: Then AAA; Now AA+
- VIX: Then 17.5%; Now 14%
- 10 Year Treasury Yield: Then 4.64%; Now 1.89%
- USDJPY: Then 117; Now 93
- EURUSD: Then 1.4145; Now 1.3050
- Gold: Then $748; Now $1583
- NYSE Average LTM Volume (per day): Then 1.3 billion shares; Now 545 million shares
03-06-2013 07:48 AM
I think it was the last time that the Dow was at 14XXXish or whatever Zimbabwe level we are at. I mean more people on food stamps, higher gas prices, higher unemployment...nothing to justify it, except helicopter Ben is our pilot in command.
03-06-2013 08:14 AM
I was only off by a couple years. I don't know if it would have made a lot of difference if GW was still President. Congress is not doing their job as spelled out in the Constitution.
03-06-2013 08:41 AM - edited 03-06-2013 08:43 AM
The last one is very "telling" --------------- and should be shocking.
IMO, I have to wonder how much of that is governments intrusion into the private markets?? ie GM, Banking,
And where would the level of investment activity be without the mana from ben?
03-06-2013 09:45 AM
That last one is still stuck in my scope.
In your opinion, with shares traded that diminished, who left the marketplace in the last 6 years?? The individual stock holder, did we take that much equity out of the fund trade, did foreign investment leave us after we passed all our white elephants to them?
Or is that an indicator of how much blue sky we were selling each other??
No big insight in me------------ I am just wondering what you think that statistic tells us??