cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plesums
Senior Reader

Re: OptionEye....Mar 6th

What about direct payments and crop insurance subsidies. Isn't that government intrusion also? Oh I better shut up before I get thrown off this site again.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Let's look at farm subsidies "then vs now" I'll. Take that data anyday. And percent of usda going to foodstamps then vs now.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

BA, I'll take that comparison also.   

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

One compairison that hasn't changed is plesums lack of thinking skills over time.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

plesums,

you may be right, the reduction in shares traded may be directly related to the reduction of direct payments in the last 6 years.  I would think that the increase in shares traded by the food stamp increases would have offset it??  Smiley Happy

Serious answer---------- no not in the Private Sector in competition with private investors.,,,, direct payments and crop ins. represent public activity payed for by the federal budget.  And are not in a displacing position with any other private commerce.  Unless of course the source of funding is one a Private Savings and loan or Bank the federal government liquidated for that purpose.

They probably are not needed in times of shortage and high prices.  They were created to stimulate production when price and risk discourage it.  Cut all federal spending is what we need.  ALLLLLLL of it.   not this part or that part ----------- no more stick poking by you political hacks.  Stopping the "payoffs" for votes is probably the only way we will ever rid ourselves of  the political mofia twins.

See now we are both in trouble-------------   Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The data is from 2007. A time when your house was an "investment" AND an ATM machine.

After 2008 that changed, and well ,the guy in the basement "man cave" no longer could sit and "flip" stocks.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Nor can his 401K or other retirement mutual fund.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Plesums, my political friend-------

Since the driver is already on the break to let us off the bus.

I lean right so far I get dirt in my ear.  But I started voting in the late 60's and I have listened to bafoons on both sides blame and blame and blame.

I still think the blame is the voters.  All my life I have watched national elections go to the biggest promise------- the highest bidder.  We been worshiping the Political god that promises the most.

We are getting what we deserve as voters.

Ok  doors open we're out of here!!

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I agree on the constitutional crisis in that Congress is refusing to function as required and ceding vast power to the executive branch. The apparent gamble is that the public will blame the President for Congress not exercising its responsibilities under the Constitution.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I do get tired of your childish ad hominim attacks. Strictly grade school level.

0 Kudos