cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

Re: OptionEye....Mar 6th

Why doesn't anyone ever attack Obama as being the so called great uniter yet he is biggest divider ever? Seriously he blames republicans for everything saying they are blocking the road yet he doesn't compromise himself? Giolucas sorry to hear about your brain. Hope it gets better!
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

vail,
sorry about your life. i like mine.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

TWO things for this thread.

Don't attack Scott---------- He gave a list of all true facts------- not political bs like we attracted here from the old men in the peanut gallery.

And my question to Scott still stands ------------- What does the last piece of data tell us about our economy------and our stock in private companies????

I asked Scott because I might get a straight answer---------------- Not a politically bent attack------------------------- because that is all you  pot shoters can accomplish.  

Which time was the better position economically?  2007 with this dow level and 3 times the trades or Now with less activity.  Is it a function of cheap interest and lots of money availability??  Are there less stocks of interest??  Are the funds out of the market?? 

Come on,   if your gonna jump in, give me more than your favorite politician! 

I apologize to each one on this thread for responding to the foolish little political entry that should have been ignored.  By doing so, and expression some personal thoughts, I helped us burry the left rear/ or maybe the right rear since that is the way I leaned---------- point is--- seems we end up high centered in manure.

I thought it was a great entry and hard to ignore.  Scott------ 

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

sw,

thanks for burying that.

i've noticed in the past, Scott rarely responds after 9 or 9:30 in the morning. not sure if he gets off early??

lack of NYSE volume is concerning....can't remember if i read on here or where, but that big $$ names/not sure that it incl fund $$ (buffet, soros, etc.) has been leaving stocks for some time....Of course when ANY financial instrument is testing or trying to make new highs and volume is thin = trouble.

my guess is a lot of institutional $$ is in cash or sidelined.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

thanks cx

That "trouble" statement is very true.   I have noticed it even in grains.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

looking @ Scott's comparison sheet again, could a lot of the newer printed $$ be going to pay the interest on govt debt?--instead of finding its way to stocks?

what have you noticed in grains? i record volume/OI every day - have not seen an exodus in fund/spec or index $$, to speak of.

thx.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

not lately.  But whenever there is, as you refered, a move up that is based on thin trading I do not get too excited.  It can fall as fast as it went up.

I have not seen players leaving either.  I get a daily report on funds changes which I used to ignore---- found it hard to see what pushes them in and out------------- but I read it more lately.

Don't always understand it, but I see its improtance.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

ok,

i'll let u know if i see anything as we move through season with the $$................wondering if some of the sidelined institutional funds could be earmarked for harder assets like metals, ag, etc. when the time comes........like a real breakout in corn referred to in thread over weekend.

c-x-1

0 Kudos
Advisor

double top time to pull the plug

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

In the last three years I paid more in taxes than I paid in the previous twenty.  It's hard for me to complain about my situation.  But if only McCain was president......

0 Kudos