MILK UP 9.9%

TURKEY UP 9.2%

CHEESE UP 10.3%

SUGAR UP 9.9%

BACON UP 7.6%

CORN UP 12%

SOYBEANS UP 15%

SOURCE: USDA & DOW JONES

How do you folks out there thinks that this will impact your business/marketing plans this year?

Scott

0 Kudos
8 Replies
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

Re: OptionEye...March 16th

Scott,

This list tells quite the story. You might add peanuts to that list. And because peanuts are up so much, farmers in the South are planting more of them and a lot less soybeans this year.

Mike

0 Kudos
ND Farmer 1
Frequent Contributor

Better add fuel, fertilizer, machinery, repairs, seed, to your list. Im sure the gains on inputs are larger than 7 to 10 percent.

0 Kudos
JRfrom OR
Frequent Contributor

That doesn't say much to me, sharp up and downs has been the nature of ag products.  A plot  over twenty or thirty years will tell a completely different story, that farmgate prices have been holding inflation down.  Whether we"re at the point now of ag prices beginning an upward correction to stay more in line with inflation is a more relevant question now.

0 Kudos
SouthWestOhio
Senior Contributor

I forward priced my steaks last fall and I am smiling everytime I take one out of the freezer. 🙂

0 Kudos
hardnox604008
Advisor

That doesn't matter because people really eat Facebook IPOs and put virtual gasoline from Zynga in their tanks.
0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Ha.....I'm still feeding my steaks..........BTW, I don't feel bad at all feeding them $6.75 corn!

0 Kudos
gbryce
Frequent Contributor

Are they talking retail at the grocery store prices Scott? NT.

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Where does lobster tails fall in  there. Do they eat corn?

0 Kudos