cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

OptionEye....May 29th

Good morning.

Soybeans down 2 to 3. Wheat down 2 to 3 and corn up 1 to down 1.

10 year yields significantly through 2.00% now trading at 2.16.

Gold at $1392 which is down $11. Stocks set to give back yesterday's gains. Funny how Tuesdays are the days that the FED pumps its money into the system and we have been up 20 Tuesdays in a row. I wonder if there is a connection.

Home prices better? I beg to differ. Still off 28% from the highs.

It really could come down to the consumer. Confidence is getting better. Maybe they ring the register and get us out of this mess. We still have to do something about 7.5% unemployment and 48 million Americans on food stamps. Where is the recovery there?

Heavy rains, tornadic activity and hail. This spring is still pretty rough. I think I am ready for summer.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: OptionEye....May 29th

Really, you just cant stomach any improvement at all, I beg to differ! Yuk! At every turn you want to talk unemployment and food stamps. Ridiculous or nothing better to write about. Blah, blah blah blah.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Scott,

We do not want to be at the highs of the real estate market years back.  Those highs were inflated.  There is more real estate being conducted both retail and commercial.  Banks are starting to get comfortable with these price levels.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The Lows may still be inflated.    We do not know where we are until the QE stops.  

As long as there is a need to print and devalue the dollar-------- we don't even know if we have anything that will stand without support.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

lln50win,  The federal economy is being propped up by qe stimulus borrowed money, and still doing poorly.  Job growth is horrible, wages have not increased, all spending is on credit.  That bill will come due, someday.  Unfortunately, it will maybe be after BO, and someone else will get the blame.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

DKIL It doesn't necessarily end badly. With all the spending cuts we have already enacted and the growth in Federal tax revenues surplusses could grow quite fast and allow the federal reserve to emerge unscathed.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Hope your right SWO,

I will feel better when we actually see a year without federal borrowing.  They are still talking about reductions of future spending increases.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

SWO - I don't want what you're smoking.  We are over 16 trillion in debt.  It will take 64 years of $250 billion surplusses to pay off just the principle.  My grandchildren and their children yet unborn are having their futures compromised by these criminals.

Frequent Contributor

SWO, You are joking, right?  The cuts in spending were a very, very, very small amount.  Just small cuts in spending growth.  Tax revenue growth in 2012 is from people pulling income ahead to pay at lower rates before 2013.  Tax revenues will not go up meaningfully unless there is significant growth in the economy.  The Obama years will be known as the lost decade for most Americans, just like the 1930's were to a greater extent.  It is sad when the greatest hope of a President for the people is how many he can get on govt welfare assistance.  They will have then reached his promise land.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Ooops, didn't intend to create a political swarm. Sorry Scott.

0 Kudos