cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Simple math for the logically challenged

86.8 trillion will pay benefits to how many for how long? What is they they say about figures don't lie but liars sure as hell figure. . With 657 billiion in annual receipts and nearly the same amount in benefits, how do we accumulate 86.8 trillion in social respossibility.

So am i correct to say our $600 billion in military soending means we have 60 trillion in unfunded responsibility not included the perpetual wars?

Our SS liability cannot go up 7 trillion per year while the fund is not in deficit. As long as we keep revenues in line with benefits we are not creating that nightmare you predict.

Using your methods, we could determine that all life insurance companies are bankrupt because there are 300 million americans alive today and every **bleep** one of them is gonna die.

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

No, you are the one with that problem

You are logically challenged and I suppose that is indecent to point that out.

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Re: OptionEye....Nov 27th

Last time I checked they will.........course maybe bobblehead told you otherwise while he was........

Sounds like the work of the devil to me......

So how much did you sell your soul for.......did it pay for some of that land......
0 Kudos
jec22
Veteran Advisor

Kraft, Kraft, Kraft.

First day of accounting 101.  The 86 trillion was liabilities.  That is NOT income.

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

It's just plain silly

Currently, SS revenues are in the neighborhood of $657 billion and an almost equivalent amount going out in benefits due to the unemployment problem. So you want to take that $657 billion in benefits and project $87 trillion in future obligations. Would 100 years total up to $87 trillion or $67 trillion with no revenues coming in for 100 years. By Gawd I guess we will have to pay $87 trillion if we do not have any revenues coming in.

So a $600 Billion in defense spending without including intentional wars and we will have another $ 87 trillion in military obligations

What I find amazing is thta you want to punish seniors and SS/ medicare instead of the military that is not running a surplus. Such is the mindset of republicans that never did and never will like SS and medicare. These aare the same guys that were claiming that tax cuts for the rich were going to stimulate the economy and  create millions of jobs. Why should we believe you now?

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

In accounting 101, did your balance sheet only include liabilities or were they balanced with revenues? Just asking!

0 Kudos
ISUMan
Frequent Contributor

What I always enjoy about these arguments is the false premise that supercedes any of the arguements.  I firmly agree with one point of view but that doesn't matter, what does matter is the government had NO, and I mean NO business or authority to start and perpetuate any of the big 3: SS, medicare, medicaid.  They should keep up our infrastructure to maintain commerce, protect our soil, and regulate only to the extent that one man cannot take advantage of another.  Beyond that it's all an overeach of government.  Once people can vote themselves a monetary benefit they will do so.  Some are voting their pocketbook now while many still are not, but I can guarantee you that when things get really bad EVERYONE will vote their pocketbook and then when no politician can give them what they want everyone will realize what a mistake we have made.  Lastly, you can argue the facts all you want but the bottom line is when all the money goes into one pot the gov't doesnt care which money they pull out, when they need money to finance their needs they take it from anywhere they can get it. 

0 Kudos
Silverwheaton
Senior Contributor

Obama's February 2012 budget request

His budget showed 959 billion in receipts for ss and medicare

social security disbursements were 882 billion

medicare disbursements were         940 billion

short fall of                                        864 billion

You said  ss revenues around 657 billion

SS short fall of 225 billion. Numbers can be off a little because this was a budget, not actual. 

Looks like the trust fund is losing value!

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Re: OptionEye....Nov 27th

BINGO..........................

Bobblehead has been tickling krafty's tonsils too long........
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

gggggggggg

Sorry, to you 101 accounting forks but-----------Balance sheets contain ---- ASSETS, Liabilities, and Owner Equity

--------------------------------------------------------------Income Statements contain------Revenue and Expenses

And Budgets contain------------------------well we don't have to do budgets anymore, but congressiional budgets are made of pork.

0 Kudos