cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShelladyOptions
Senior Contributor

OptionEye.....Sept. 20th

Good morning.

They are bad. They are good. It rained and helped. It rained and didn't. The crops are now seen to have escaped further damage and things looked better than expected. I am not sure how these headlines change from day to day and often faster than the weather but it is difficult to keep up with.

So, soybeans are down 13, corn is down 1 and wheat is 2.

Outside markets are quiet and tired. Big German elections this weekend could upset Europe. Stay tuned.

Stocks slightly higher. Gold off $7.53 to $1358.82. Oil is a little lower to $105.75.

The 10 year yield is clinging to 2.74% and will probably go into the weekend around that level.

And as we say from time to time around here, 'other than that Mrs.. Lincoln, how was the play?'

Hope you have a great weekend.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Re: OptionEye.....Sept. 20th

The gap got filled and then some.  Doesn't anyone want to hold Novi Beans for the weekend?  C'mon, help a Brother out.

0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

The rain helping these beans to a large degree is wishful thinking by the trade. Once again, anything to hang their hat on to drive these markets down.

Jen
0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

And.........they keep soybeans "on sale"...................The U.S. is the only game in town for the next 4 or 5 months.    The best of both worlds.

The bean price will surge before U.S. planting time insuring a huge increase in soybean planted acres.    

0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

There is so little volume on the overnight trading.  It's why I like the overnight trading for doing day trading on (night-trading) because the moves are often amplified, and in a couple of minutes you can be in and back out.   Yeah, yeah, I know - gambling.  Sometimes the night trade is indicative of what we may see during the day, sometimes, I think the trade uses it much as was done two nights ago (Dollar dump) Up 12 all night long - expectations of opening very strong.  And BOOM!  Down we go.  Bait put out at night to snag someone into a position so if they're not strong enough on the position, can then be taken to the cleaners.  And it happens over, and over, and over again.  And yet we trade this goofy thing.  

Jen

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

"And yet we trade this"

Who's this "we" thing?

You got a frog in your pocket?

0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

There's a story behind the We thing Hobby.  It has to do with groing up as a kid. My sisters and I were more or less abandoned by our parents (2 sisters) and we lived with my grandparents - who farmed.  We were more or less slaves on that farm.  Told daily that we were crap - that nobody wanted us.  

We spent most of the summer putting up hay for the cows for the winter, while my grandfater and his son worked off the farm.  We did 90% of that work.  Maybe more.  But when someone would come visit, my grandfather would take them up in the hay barn, and say, "Look at all the hay I put up this summer."  That one thing has colored my entire life in that respect.  I find it very hard to say I for most things I do, even if I do them by myself.  I farmed because I did truely love it, in spite of what happened growing up as a kid.  But I carry scars of what happened there on the farm as I was growing up.  And, talking about it is very, very hard....

Jen

0 Kudos
jjoseph
Frequent Contributor

ever think about writing a book  , it would be very interesting

0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

It's been a long time.  Like the scar on my leg from this last summer, things may scab over, but the damage is still there.  

Some time ago I wrote about losing my farm back in 1981, and how difficult it was.  For me, failure is truely "not an option".  Failure in my life means that all those years being told we were crap and nobody wanted us really was true.  And I know it's wrong, but still, after all these years, it has the power to make me cry.  

And I think back to the day, standing on that pail in the dairy barn.  And I always wonder what gave me the strength to get off the pail , and continue my life.  And a wonderful life it has been.  And I think about how close I was to throwing it away.  And I think about those that have taken the leap off that pail, and will never know what they might have missed.

We all have a story and a book in us.  A lot of us have demons from our childhoods, that just creep in there once in a while.  When Hobby wrote that about the We thing, I doubt that this response is what he had in mind.  But it caught me on one of "those days".  With the market taking a beating, and the "painful one" making an encore appearance, it had the pump primed for a "look back" once again.

In light of the recent gal who took her life because of the on line harrasment, it proves the old addage "sticks and stone may break my bones but words will never hurt me" very, very wrong.  Words are powerful, and they have the ability to inflict more than just pain.  They have the ability to snuff out life itself.

Jen

giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Have never understood the abuse of children by adults....and NEVER WILL. What is behind that?  Alcohol, bad tradition...who the F knows.

0 Kudos