cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

OptionEye - The Cow Guy - April 3rd

Good morning. 

Overnight corn up 4, wheat up 1 and beans up 10. 

Turn around Thursday. Exports due out and the word is they are good. 

Stocks are up small this morning as the ECB leaves European rates unchanged. The 10 year is up against 2.80% at 2.79% this morning. Gold is off $6.11 to $1283.75. Oil is off small, .10 cents to $99.52. 

Volumes in the options pits have been better as of late, especially in corn as we wrestle with this $5.00 level. A good amount of bets being placed on both sides. 

The dollar is stronger to 80.24 up .03. 

It will all be about the non-farm payroll numbers tomorrow to see if we finally get a set of clean numbers that will give us an idea of what is happening with the economy. I think they will be ever so slightly better. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: OptionEye - The Cow Guy - April 3rd

No. Today's top story is the hrw wheat
Crop is in bad, no rain. I guess the stupid
people in Chicago are not smart enough to know what is and is not news.

I THOUGHT we were trading farm commodities.

Non-farm payroll.....,.,we don't even know what's important anymore.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I am a long way from the south west drought area and only recently relized how bad it is there.

Have been reading that it is worse than any other drought recorded, some claiming worse than any other drought in hundreds maybe thousands of years.

Hope of El Nino this summer would be too late for this years wheat I assume.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Scott,

You have used clean report now clean numbers, what is your definition of Clean?  Was the ADP payroll report that came out clean?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Russian vulnerabilities

Putin may have stepped in it. Want to throw away investments in image? Try lowering a ciountries standard of living. Sanctions may be a force Putin can't combat. The fact that he threatens, and has used energy to bully Ukraine and Europe may contribute to a boom of NG in Europe from fracking.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-03/gazprom-s-910-billion-gaffe-shows-putin-economy-waning.html

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

In their dreams
0 Kudos