cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShelladyOptions
Senior Contributor

OptionEye - The Cow Guy - Dec 18th

Good morning. 

Finally. The day is finally here whether you are a grain, equity or fixed income trader. The Fed announcement on taper. While I don't think they should, I kind of hope they do so that we don't have to listen to the debate another month or two. So equity prices are a little higher this morning. All pretty much meaningless until the Fed announcement. The same goes for the 10 year. Currently the yield is at 2.846%

As for the grain market, pretty quiet again yesterday. No, scratch than, VERY quiet yesterday. And, that is to be expected at this time of year. Soybeans are up 2, corn is unchanged and wheat is down 2. I expect the same action again today. Overnight, 13k beans traded, 5k corn and 6k wheat. 

Crude is unchanged at $97.22. Gold is up $1.30 at $1232.35.

Just a small note to add with the retirement of John Walter. It has been a pleasure of mine getting to know John and his unique insight on the business. Always a very balanced man he is a great example to all of us. I am jealous and wish him the best in retirement. 

Scott

2 Replies
BF2012
Advisor

Re: OptionEye - The Cow Guy - Dec 18th

It will never end.    Keep pumping.

0 Kudos
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: OptionEye - The Cow Guy - Dec 18th

You're right BF. This is an election year, what kind of new goodies will we all get. Might be the year of the mincome, national guaranteed minimum income, where everyone gets a government check simply because they exist.

0 Kudos