cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: OptionEye - The Cow Guy - Jan 8th

i would argue that some of the worst parents are the ones we are not ignoring........

we are enabling them to be more ignorant with entitlements.............and the media sensationalizes it.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

this pretty much sums it up...............

there are 4 teachers in my immediate family..........all in small rural schools........some in towns of less than 700 people..........small rural schools with limited resources and population thats no better off..........I also have many friends that are teachers in bigger schools............

big or small...........poor or rich.........gifted or challanged..........every single one of them says the parent makes the difference........PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

many segments of society view school as daycare and expect the school system to raise their kids..............you think this is going to help any...............NO, its going to make bad parents worse..................

why the hell do you think GIO sends his kids to a private school??????????????

again my point..............lets get up and bandstand................but when the collection plate comes around everyone all of sudden needs to take a piss at the urinal............

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Missu,

You cannot be that miserable, or can you?  

C'mon Man life is beautiful full of great things.   You don't have to worry about the poor if you don't want to.  Thats OK.  That is what you want to believe in.  I can accept your opinion and to each their own.  No sweat.  But I will still pray for you and for your football team cut from the same cloth!!!

Senior Advisor

so GIO, I guess what you are saying is.........

you only care about the poor if you happily pay taxes??????

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

i had a great thesis going and got timed out....................

it is all about the marketing....and.....the illusions......................................makes one feel good, so they buy, or look the way they are marketed to look..

examples from present back to 1989-90 from no child left behind, 9/11, present day, etc.

oh well........................................And remember, we all only see what we have the ability to see .....................................................and most of the time only what we want to see, as well.....not as much fun to try to see a truth or reality if it makes us uncomfortable or causes pain - me included.

Senior Advisor

Gio - If you can work it in - How about a pray for the Colts this weekend ! Smiley Happy

Thanks

Ken

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Hey ECIN, I think the Colts got their prayers last week.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Mizzou! You have had the kindest tax codes of recent history and yet you want more. Temporary tax cuts that you expect to be permanent. Yet you act like your used and abused.

Gio and i have stated that we would rather our tax dollars go to improve the lives of americans instead of the focus on killing foreigners. We not only are the worlds leader in arms and people but we spend more on "defense" than the rest of the world combined. And it's the wars and preparing for wars that has our debt at astromonical levels. All because of some silly notion that tax cuts to the affluent is a stimulus for job creation and amore robusrt economy. Deficits largley because you don't want to pay taxes and you don't want people that can pay taxes to pay taxes. That is at least ten cards short of a full deck.

Your premise is that the debt is the result of governmental charitable giving. When in fact most of the benefits go to people that have earn those benefits due to their contributions.

But of course out of the limbaugh logic come the suggestion that we donate all our lifetime accumulation to the poor being we are concerned about the poor. That is like Limbaughs suggestion that we raise the minimum wage to $100 per hour instead of $10. As if that ludicrous proposal carries the same logic as the $10 rate. Gross exaggeration is not a sound financial argument.

This is america and we have ever bit as much right to an opinion as you have. I think the path to fiscal order is a combination of spending cuts and tax increases which will cost me more and you more. We have been living under afalse illusion that the affluent need not pay taxes. And why should hedge fund operators get lower tax rates than Mizzori farmer? You aren't arguing for tax fairness for you. You already have that. What you are arguing for is special treatment for MItt and Warren and Rush Limbaugh. They don't need defending. They already have the best congress money can buy.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Actually, that maybe the case! I'll not try to control my kids from the grave. Accumulating farm land and paying for it was our dream not our kids. Our estate will go to them because we love our children and grandkids. It will be their opportunity whether they grow the wealth or not.

I fully expect our kids to protect our assets but beyond them, who knows what twenty grandkids and great grand kids will do.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Don't softball "crafty".   Tell them what they are thinking....

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Krafty .... beat the rush, sell the darn farm and buy them all a Prius

0 Kudos