cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jameshh1964
Senior Contributor

Re: Organic corn being imported from China

At $20.00/ bushel, which is generally what I am paying for organic hard red spring wheat, there is about $0.225 worth of wheat in a loaf of organic bread. Some if this bread is $5.00/loaf, so proportionately the wheat doesn't account for much. Generally speaking there is 3/4 of a pound of wheat in a loaf of bread.
0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Excellant points James and that's the whole deal about the reality's of  " feed the world " jingle although it seems to have a soothing effect in the corp. world--- My complete condolences to the missionary's and relief group's working on the starvation and food absence issues in the global setting although reality is 14 billion bu corn crop in the US leaves 2 bu per person  for the 7 billion annually - we can all do the math on that one and for now just keep the spray rigs rolling ---  

Jameshh1964
Senior Contributor

Hank,
We are on the same page here. There is something fishy with Chinese exports of organic food. That said, I have a customer who wants to buy American product, I know the details and you know how to farm. Now lets quite bellyaching and get something done. Give me a jingle at hummingbird wholesale. Look my number up on our website. I am extension 110.
0 Kudos