cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Our president may not be wrong

Jump to solution

But he may be willing to do what’s right even when it doesn’t help him politically. 

Mexican navy seizes over 25 tons of Fentanyl shipped direct from China.

why do we want to trade with China?  Isn’t there a line we crossed somewhere back in the 90’s - maybe trade with China is a war.... we are loosing ! 

i am tired of reading the obituaries of young people.   My farm finances stink with $7.50 beans.  I know there are cities with homeless that hope the drugs keep coming and fear withdrawal,  but when does it stop?

12 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Our president may not be wrong

Jump to solution

So  a  $2   less  costs  shipment  of  a  cargo  beans  has  the  exactly  barter  power  of  what   -   ? 

Window-casing   of   AG  being  a  soft  target  and  the  glaring  reality  of  it's  position  of  stature, on  K  Street  in  D. C.  - - -

Collateral  Damage ,  Being  Ag's  Consolation Prize,  as  the  softened   tar-riff  position  on  Oriental  Christmas List  items  is  on  display  at  mega  retail  outlets ,  cause  would'nt  want  to  upset  consumer  plastic  $$$$  flow -  -  -

Lastly  -  take  a  in-depth  look  at  the  root  of  this  issue,  and  ask  ''  whom  originally  prescribed  this  product ''   -  maybe - ? , while  gobb'$  of  money  takes  center  stage  either  side  of  the  Pacific  - - - 

Mile  Marker ''' 1  '''   in  Laredo ( Northbound  I-35 )  traffic  will  be  self   extremely  self  explanatory,  or  any  other  Rio Grande ,  N Mex.,   Az. ,  Calif   port  of  entry ,  or  Long  Beach  harbor  volumes -  -  -     

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Jump to solution

I  once  read   -  Capitalism  has  a   simple,  fatal  flaw ,   anyone  can  see  it  -   Politics   -   -   -

If  in  doubt ,  check  Roman  Democracy   History   -   -   -

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

This time, don’t rationalize it,  don’t politicize it, stop demanding its comparison to your bean price.  

25 tons of Fentanyl is a lethal dose for 11.34 billion people in one shipment.  

2 milligrams is considered a lethal dose.

If their looking for a soft target they sent  a powerful lot of lethal weapon. 

I’m not gonna debate freight rates—-that is a weapon of mass destruction.  To coin an old phrase.   Why do we trade with China.  Has very little to do with commodity prices. We don’t get paid any better selling to the US buyers.  

Why are we sourcing anything there ????

Senior Contributor

Re: Did we go to war with Columbia? Mexico?

Jump to solution

In The past, the Colombian cartels smuggled tons of cocaine into this country through Mexico, does that mean the Columbian & Mexican governments are necessarily our enemies?  

And what you didn’t mention was that the shipment was bound for the cartel in Columbia

Should we abrogate the new trade deal and declare war on Mexico?

Just because Chinese government hasn’t managed to control the export of certain drugs doesn’t mean its all their fault.  Corruption exists everywhere, including here in the US.

Do I think the Chinese could do better?  You bet. And I’m not going to defend the Chinese but maybe instead of trump all the time bad mouthing the Chinese, if he tried a little confrontational tone, he might get more cooperation.

Keep in mind,  in a previous career, I’m a trained organic chemist, and fentanyl isn’t all that hard to make, and it would be all that hard to set up clandestine lab to make it here.  In fact I’m surprised  they aren’t already doing it. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: I highly doubt that it was anywhere near 100% fentanyl. More likely it was already diluted to

Jump to solution

I highly doubt that it was anywhere near 100% fentanyl. More likely, it was already diluted to a level to be packaged into pills.

Even the article said, tested positive for the presence of fentanyl.

Besides, just how is it politically disadvantageous for trump to confront the Chinese about fentanyl.

Is there a “fentanyl constituency”  I don’t know about?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Up is Down...Down is Up

Jump to solution

SW, it seems that there is not a single subject that Trump can support and get the TDS sufferers to agree that it deserves support.

Unreal on how far into the abys some have sunk. 

I agree about China....Trump gave them an opportunity, they have countered by trying to interfere with our political process. True patriots recognize this.

Buy American. Join the movement.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Up is Down...Down is Up

Jump to solution

Buying  American ,  ah -ha,  does  that  border  stretch  how  far  -  ? 

Filters  and  parts  from  Mexico,  pork  chops  from  whom,  beef  from  where  ever ,  due  to  refusal  to  label  something  that  might  offend  some  corporate  board  -  OR  we  might  not   get  to  '''  custom  feed  ''' for  that  outfit  -  -  -

Aesop's   Fable's  come  to  mind  ,  while  just  yesterday  a  farm  broadcaster  was  warning  of  tar-riff  price  increases  for  of  all  things,  corn herbicides ,  for  2020   -    while  imported  pharma  is  a  whole  nother  story  - - -   

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

Rick — it’s not clear but your probably right on the dilution.  The risk in handling alone would dictate that.  

2 sad issues .  1- For our SDS owners of the press & Democratic Party... dilution makes it all better.  “Better drugs- more choices”.  & 2– for Mexico government that shipment was probably staged for public relations.   

Beans and the farce of the lack of sales to the chi-com cartel meaning anything.... The numbers don’t support the conclusions.  It’s likely the drop in production in 2019 will be greater than the drop in exports on a % basis. If there is a drop in exports in the end.   This issue is 80% political and quoted by folks who repeat campaign slogans.  Most of “lost” sales have been bought by new buyers ( folks with real money). Not traded for slave labor.  The drop in exports doesn’t support the drop in price. 

Obits —- 8 this week in sw Ks alone.  Too young - —— too many more in a self induced mental daze yet still “living — and far too many more cheated mentally by parents who needed their lifestyle... followed by those without disability but without hope of a caring  family    

We need congressmen not bi polar prom queens.  

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Jump to solution

Yes,  agreed,   while  the  sackler  -  purdue   skit   plays  on  -  and  on  -  -  -

2022 ,  yes  2022 ,  will  be  the  defining  historical  pages ,  of  what  is  up  and  down -  -  -

Get  your  Cummings  Engine  before    1 - 1  - 20 ,   to  avoid  the  increased  import  costs  -  maybe   -   -  -   

0 Kudos