scminnfarmer
Contributor

Re: Panic button engaged.......

35 miles south...Albert Lea

0 Kudos
too close for comfort
Senior Contributor

After reading yesterdays marketeye the whole country is in the same boat that we in Wis. always are, we don't mater in the big picture.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Have no fear ECIN will pull the fat out of the fire (or snow) for us.

He just called and said he was on his second round planting corn just east of Indy. Almost 80 degrees there and he's planting corn.

0 Kudos
JCCWIS
Senior Contributor

Hobby : Does not sound like Ken got an early start ! For some reason have always thought of him as a morning man ! lol  John

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Good work jc. He had that coming. 🙂
0 Kudos
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

There is much fertilizer to put on yet, and the fields are greening up fast with weeds.  I am going to fertilize and spray burndown before I roll the planter.  

0 Kudos
Faust100F
Advisor

@rswfarms wrote:

We are at 12 inches and counting in Northern Iowa. You know it's bad when we are thinking of reviewing our crop insurance policy!!!!!!! That's beyond Panic and into the "What the HELL is HAPPENING MODE"

rsw - don't you mean . . . those North of I-80 guys are having a WTF moment?  If you farm South of I-80 those moments are "routine".  I mean . . . it is still early . . . Fed Crop will give you time to get it in, and only doc you 1% a day for every day past he last planting date, so relax . . . rain makes grain . . . and we all want to be selling $3 corn and $8 beans in the fall.   Wonder how the USDA comic book is going to handle this weather event in their bearish world?   They may be holding the wrong end of the stick this time.   Adios Amigo.  John

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

JCC -- LMAO  I did get up early -- but a year older !  Had trouble at the fert . plant getting a load of 10-34 , there pump when down - they ask me if I coud suck -- i said no but knew some gals that did - -well they you to -- LOL  Finally got that job done and back home by noon . I was in NO hurry --  the ground was NO more than ready !  It really needed to set one more day - but a- hole weatherman - gal said I may not get it , So I made the command decision to get it -- as i get older -- I hate to make these , but did it  .

Put in 75 acres , Think I'm done for a few days and just spray what i planted .

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

quote from sw :

Good work jc. He had that coming. :smileyhappy:

WHAT did I do  ?  LMAO
0 Kudos
waynr
Frequent Contributor

Just got 3.5 inches of rain n last 3 hours....checkout area just south champaign il on I 57....i farm n this area and last 10 years were done with corn by april 16 and have couple fields beans in by now....only 1time in last 20 years we have not had any corn planted by now....as of right now theres one field of corn planted and up in all of this county...it went first week of april and will be torn up later than sooner
0 Kudos