Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luisvieira
Senior Contributor

Paraguay will export corn to Brazil through a new route

Hello boys,

This is what I have just published in my own agrosouth-news.com:

Hog and poultry producers in the Brazilian state of Santa Catarina will be able to save up to 70 percent on corn purchases. The reason is that state will no longer bring the input from the state of Mato Grosso, but would import from Paraguay (310 miles or 500 km away) through the border of Santa Catarina with Argentina, which is closer and the logistics is cheaper. Santa Catarina demands 6.5 million metric tons annually, while it just produces nearly 3.5 million metric tons of corn.

What does that mean for you? That more Mato Grosso corn will be forced to go to the international market.

What do you think?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

Re: Paraguay will export corn to Brazil through a new route

Where is the Paraguay corn going now? It is being exported most likely...

thus this is a non-event in the global market.

Of course, if you want to drown the world in bad news it makes a nice story.

0 Kudos
FARM4FOOD
Veteran Contributor

Thought Brazil had a "huge crop" more fake news

0 Kudos
luisvieira
Senior Contributor

FARM4FOOD,

If you read well what I wrote, I wrote that the Mato Grosso corn gets too expensive in the state of Santa Catarina because is too far away. If you take Rondonópolis to Chapecó, the major hog-producing town in Santa Catarina, it is 870 miles. If you had a large crop, how in the world are you going to get a competitive price there transporting grain by truck?

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Time nailed it............. It is a non event and the title to this thread is wrong......

Paraguay is not exporting corn to brazil...... It is exporting corn to the world through brazil and undercutting the market for other brazilian growers possibly.

0 Kudos