cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Peak corn

Not everyone is "put off" by all of his comments.    Some of you need to enjoy the fact that we live in a free country and can voice our opinions openly.   Voicing our opinions openly is easy.    Keeping our negative feelings and comments to ourselves appears to be hard............Smiley Wink

Honored Advisor

Re: Peak corn

I really haven't read much of the "peak corn" entries for a while since they are pretty repetitive.  And i would not be supprised to see yields per acre rise a little with the technology, although most of the good gains may be already in the numbers.

But I have this feeling that MT's peak corn should be expanded to "peak agriculture".  As we corporatitize agriculture, continue to expand population, decrease number of farm entities, and watch the world crop production improve---------- we may have already seen the "peak" for US agriculture.  Why won't we just get more comfortable with importing if the price is right and the supply is available??  Or will we just go back to producing at break even or below----- wall to wall, and take a dozer to those subdivisions and hunting entertainment lands.??

Things always change.

0 Kudos