cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pigeon kilr
Contributor

Re: Pending grain issues that will determine market direction

SRW going in chicken rations in NC & DelMarVa?

You are surely mistaken there. Norfolk, Va last night spot wheat bid was $8.10 and their spot corn bid was $7.76

NC spot wheat bid last night $8.65 and spot corn for corn $7.82

Perdue has exported over 10 million wheat bushels through Norfolk since Jan 1 and counting.

0 Kudos
Artifice
Senior Contributor

US has too much SRW,

great if anyone can help get some sold.

I smell a bubble in CBT wheat

0 Kudos
pigeon kilr
Contributor

You might ought to have that sniffer looked at?

Russia’s Deputy Prime Minister, Viktor Zubkov, said that Russia may extend
its ban on grain exports until the end of the year. He was quoted as saying,
“We are working on potential forecasts that involve keeping the ban in place
until the end of the year. We see what is happening on the food markets,
and we don’t see any improvement.

meanwhile,,,,,,

China’s Vice Minister of Commerce, Zhong Shan, said in published
comments that China will cut tariffs and red tape to boost imports this year
and “maintain balanced trade.” No hard timeline was given and no products
were specified.

0 Kudos
jcf97
Frequent Contributor

Pigeon, what are the conditions in Russia like this year??  Is it dry again or forcast to be another drought??  I should know this, but when is the time when they plant/harvest wheat.  Thanks for your info on that and the China info.

0 Kudos
pigeon kilr
Contributor

97, from what i have gleaned off Russia info to date,,,,,,,officals were making big predictions as to this crop size yada, yada? Latest news that i copied in the above reply would seem they have indeed had problems and that Big Crop perhaps isn't in the making afterall? Their seasons are pretty much like NA's as to wheat plant & harvest.

Acreage for 2011 winter grains fell nearly 3 million hectares short of forecasts after the drought made the ground too hard to plant. In the Volga and South Ural regions, which account for around 20% of the total area seeded, the problems were particularly acute and plantings may need to be replaced in spring.

“Farmers are facing a huge problem to get their grain in the ground and have a decent crop for 2011,” said Peter Biermann, general manager of grain export operations at Swiss grain trader ASTON FFI.

Farmers are now gearing up for a spring planting season that officials hope will exceed last year’s 29 million hectares, but poor finances—the Kremlin estimates the session will cost $7.3 billion—and ongoing worries about the weather mean the outcome is anything but certain.

Hussein Allidina, head of commodities research at Morgan Stanley, said that with disappointing domestic production, limited import availability from the European Union and low government stocks, exports look unlikely this year.

“Our balances suggest that Russia is increasingly likely to extend its export ban at least through the end of 2011 and perhaps longer,” he said.

0 Kudos
pigeon kilr
Contributor

???????????????

Argentina has suspended export licenses for cargill and ADM following recent audit

0 Kudos
jcf97
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info!!  I enjoy reading the thoughts and info that is provided on this forum.  Good Stuff.  A guy should be keeping a journal of what is going on with prices and inputs and some thoughts, could be some interesting history reading to a family member who will farm many years down the road.  Interesting times!!

0 Kudos