cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

Re: time........

Almost hate to say it MT but we have gotten far more than our share of moisture lately. Since we intentionally waited later to plant a bunch of acres, it has turned out pretty well for us. May 12th planted corn will easily be an average crop. So we have been blessed in many ways this year. Beans will be above avg pretty sure. Just our year to be lucky is all. (Of course the system is also designed to be very good in a stress year. And parking the planter in mid-April was pretty tough to do at the time).

So, there won't be much run until late Sept for corn for us. The early April planted stuff in the area is dead of course and will go after Labor Day probably.

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

good to hear..........

even in a drought someone makes some grain............

sometimes waiting till May to plant can be a good thing........this year in MO it didnt matter.........actually if it wasnt planted by the end of April it didnt come up, or it did then died.........not sure which is better, little grain in the tank or not having to get the combine out..........

hearing yields coming out of some really good dirt closer to the river hills in NCMO.............well under 100...........this is 220 ground........MO is a train wreck, no two ways about it..........unless you caught one of those 2 mile wide pop up rains its really bad........

like I said, no worries.........many are much worse off.........just makes for a pointless grind........

enjoy the harvest.......

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

bull......

its a buzz.........but not many reports of any........I think this crop crashed so hard so fast...........and they are starting to go get it........coupled with crazy fast dry down........not giving it much time to show up..........

it will be out there, but so far it sounds managable..........

it appears what we have been in so far is clean.........

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Pictures of the scars under the bandaid........

Mt doesn't realize that we recognize the cactus growing up between the rows. **bleep** fools planting in the desert! LoL

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

I hardly think an annual rainfall well into the 30's constitutes a desert........although this year feels like it...........

I believe we are 15 inches below normal to date since 1/1...............

0 Kudos
BTS4-210
Contributor

the whole state of Mo. is not a train wreck

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Anybody hear Bill  O"riely talking about his wheat consumption  --- 

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

BTS........please elaborate........

irrigation doesn't count..........

and I already mentioned the 2 mile wide pop up showers...........

the fact MO has 84% of its corn crop rated at VP/P...........and 4% at G/E............the highest and lowest respectively..........

THAT PRETTY MUCH TELLS ME ITS A TRAIN WRECK, along with what I have seen and heard............

yes there are some fields that fall into the 4% catergory, probably most are irrigated.........doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out irrigated ground will be better than nothing at all......the way I see it.........96% of MO corn crop is VP/P/F...........thats good enough in my book to call it........

and if you are lucky enough to be in the last 4%..........GOOD FOR YOU............not sure your point..........

0 Kudos
BTS4-210
Contributor

Re: BTS........please elaborate........

and why wouldnt irrigation count   at $3 fuel  it  sure isnt free nor cheap  just wait till your lending institutions do not want to even speak about non irrigated  ground   crops are good   hearing crazy good numbers on corn over 200  I have my doubts  on anything over 170  just to hot even with irrigation  rice is nice as always   beans look good  cotton thats another story

0 Kudos
Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

MT thanks for sharing the pictures. My wife and I just got back from vacationing out west in Colorado. On our way we drove from Michigan, through Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, South Dakota and Nebraska. I have never seen corn look so bad off I-80 and I-90. Corn in both Illinois and Iowa looked well below average. Guys in Nebraska looked like they could have a fair crop if it was irrigated... The best corn I seen was in Eastern Iowa, those guys could have an average crop. The worst corn I seen was in Illinois, South Dakota and western Iowa. I tried to guess a national yield... I would put the US corn yield at 122 bu and the soybean yield at 39 bu. I doubt Im REAL far off. I don't know what numbers the market is trading now? If my estimate was true or close what would or should the prices for corn or beans be? 

P.S.. To the guy that is running his mouth about MT farming sand. You need to take a trip south of your location..... Not all that far. From Des Moines on west looked pretty rough. Plenty of burned up corn that actually fell over dead. I would never had guessed that corn on that good of ground would look so bad.

0 Kudos