cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Planting Progress Guesses

This afternoon's planting progress report should not surprise any of us as we see the results in our own back yards. From my 360 degree view on the silo 100% of the corn is planted with 95% emerged. Beans are the same after this weekedn's rain. I expect the report to show Ohio is done. I think Indiana is very close, and Kentucky did a lot of catching up and will no longer be in 2nd to last place.

Our three states will pick up the national average a good bit. What's your forecast for your state?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Planting Progress Guesses

Will agree with you bins -- corn here that was going too go in is in -- beans maybe 80 to 85 % done .

USDA planting ??? 85 to 90 done on corn  65 % -- good to exellent -- and 75 to 80 on beans .

Nice Inch here over the weekend ! we sure needed that one

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I farm in north central Missouri, out of 1000 ac of beans I only have 35 ac planted, and they will have to be replanted. 7.1 in. Rain last week. I am done corn and got good stands on all. 85% done in the area if I was to guess on corn maybe 10% beans. Several levees gave out on smaller tributaries.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Guessing low 90's percent corn planted -- have doubts that much more will get planted in June, just too much of a yield hit.  How does 7-8 million acre reduction in corn acres impact 2013 fall prices?  And, with acres already switched to soybeans, is the planting progress report really reflecting those reductions, will we hit 90 million acres planted, or is it less?  And, no soybean progress this past week in this area.

Highlighted
Contributor

SEMN. Large cattle farmers and river bottom farms are less but I'm guessing About 60% planted on corn and 25% beans in this area.
0 Kudos