cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Planting Progress?

What states are there that still have a significant number of acres to plant? Is it primarily Iowa or are there acres scattered around everywhere?

Just took a look at the radar map and all I can say is wow. I wish I could say I know how you all are feeling, but coming from Central Kansas that would only be a lie. It's been so long since we've had a torrential rain like that I can't even remember it.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Re: Planting Progress?

The planting progress is the least reliable stat. How do the questioned have any idea how much is done vs planned.? I believe this weeks # should be less % than last.  They were projecting last Friday more to be done than probably did.  Is it % of 97 million or % of what a farmer new total is.debends on the definition of is, is?

90 mil planted 82 million harvest x 145    = 11.89bill. Bu

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

.....or 82.5 planted X 92% = 75.9 harvested @ pick your yield.....and I'm being VERY optimistic!

i pm'd you Shaggy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Reader

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Shaggy, Ask and you shall receive........JP

Iowa-          2.1 Million

MN.-           1.6 Million

Wisc.-         1.6 Million

Illinois-       1.4 Million

ND.-            1.4 Million

Ind.-      850 Thousand

Ohio     435 Thousand

Flooded and Lost acre in Iowa, Illinois and others? 1.5 to 2 million?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

be careful using NASS data--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

In the end I predict 90 m acres end up getting planted. That gets you a 12b bu crop using a 145 yield add in a carry over of 1b bu you get a supply of 13b if demand stays the same as last carry over still increases a liitle.. Does the price of corn need to rise much more to curb demand with big supplies out of SAM I don't think so. If yield is 5 bu better you get a carryover of over 1.5 b bu. In the end IMO this rally needs to be sold if you've got it planted and it isn't drowned out.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

If the yield ends up 5 bushels less, carryover is 500 million.     Just lookin' at the other side.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I appreciate y'alls optimism!

0 Kudos