cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Playing chicken with the oil market

I don`t want to be accused of being a "useful idiot" but aren`t reports of Putin being popular true?  Wouldn`t Putin only be replaced with another strongman, were he to fall?  I really doubt Russia has a pool of "Jeb Bush & Mitt Romney" candidates waiting in the wings. 

The problem is with Russia (hindsight 20/20) is when the Soviet Union fell, we just said "Good Luck" and went about minding our own business.  The Absolution of Sins we ask "forgiveness for what we have done and WHAT WE LEFT UNDONE" after 70 years of the Russian people enslaved, we let them go off into the wood like Lord of the Flies.  Heck, in this country, prisoners would be given a wrinkly suit with 20 bucks in the pocket.   By having "left that undone", that was a void for a strongman.  So, now 30 years too late we are sending $10s of billions to Ukraine every month and this bad movie is far from over.

No political brownie points would`ve been won giving Russia a hand 30 years ago, but that would`ve paid off for this present time.   A stitch in time saves nine.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Goldman says Europe has solved the immediate gas crisis and will get through the winter. They expect the price of NG to fall by more than half.

I know you were hoping for the triumph of fascism, but better luck next time.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Natural gas in Germany is $51, what would it be if we weren`t bailing them out with our $9 LNG?  

https://ycharts.com/indicators/germany_natural_gas_border_price  

Perhaps instead of the Krauts laughing at Trump`s warning 4 years ago, they would`ve listened, they now wouldn`t have to just "get by".

0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

Adolph  Putin ,  tactics  are  short  sighted ,    as  GREED  always  has  KARMA  =  =  =

0 Kudos