cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Poll: How much sold?

There's been some talk here that a lot of farmers have foreward sold grain and may not have much to gain from higher prices. What's the word in your neighborhood?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Poll: How much sold?

All of 2010 corn and beans and about 60% of the anticipated production for 2011.

Edit: I might have a few bushels of corn over run in the bin.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Have 50% dry corn sold at average price delivered 2010 at $5.75 a bushel. All beans sold, delivered 2010, at an average price just over $12.00 a bushel. High moisture corn priced at $7.00 a bushel fed to cattle. All cattle on feed are priced with a packer for future delivery, March/April. Corn silage and barley silage is priced at $50.00 a ton fed to cattle currently on inventory. I am at market risk for 50% of dry corn in the bin and 50% high moisture corn in storage. All crop inputs for 2011 are priced and paid with the exception of additional nitrogen for which we do not have on farm storage, probably a trailer load of liquid 32%.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Advisor

John it may interest you to know the local elevator operator told me that about 50% of beans and 45% of corn was either sold or on contract to be sold when it was delivered this year.  Very little on farm storage in my area.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

All corn and beans sold, but I have half of grain sorghum and a couple loads of wheat in storage.  The prices mentioned in an earlier post were not even in the realm of reality in my area, but I'm satisfied with the prices I sold at.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I went into the harvest naked.  Sold about 40% of soybeans, looking at Dec 10 river close and very little carry.  May sell more, I"m not sure.  Sold maybe 25% of my corn.  I'll most likely hold corn into next spring.  I'm aside on the board.

0 Kudos