Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Poll: Planting worries

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Poll: Planting worries

I believe recent history shows that late planting has led to about as many above average crops as the other way around, with some neutral years. Time will tell. BUt this is not the year to have a short crop.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I already lost my mind! HE HE

I feel so much better since I gave up hope!  Actually the thing that bugs me the most is not geting manure hauled.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

90 day forecast is for below normal temps, so not only will I get a late start, water holes will slow me down for an even later finish and cold soils will mean emergence will take longer.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Here in Ohio anyone that didn't fall apply P&K (like me) will have to get that done before pulling the planters into the field. That will stretch the start date a little more.  Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are supposed to be dry but 60% chance of rain Sunday. We need more than three dry days to firm up enough for spreading fertilizer.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I drove from Indianapolis to south of Terre Haute today and back. I talked with one guy from eastern Illinois who said the Wabash was over its banks at several spots and he had to take a detour to get across into IN.  I didn't see one field in the 220 mile round trip which had been planted or even worked. Standing water in many places. What was funny was to see drifting going on in one field which had a lot of hilly clay.

0 Kudos