Honored Advisor

Re: Poll: The state of your crop

Is this thing working?

Can't view the results.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Same for me Hobby, couldn't get anything out of it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Hobby...Maybe they can't show us because we're cat...whoops I mean "stock " farmers !!!  lol   But I don't believe Shaggy has  "stock " so that doesn't make sense.....

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Mine is decent looking, but behind, and uneven.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

untill 10 days ago, probably one of the best all around starts to any crop in 37 years. Lots of rain in north iowa has taken its toll. We are not in the worst area, so still have corn with lots of potential. Soybeans are a guess at this point and several drown outs to replant when it dries up. will do that til somewhere around the 4th.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

In the Albert Lea area of Minnesota, personally lost about 5 % of my acres to 9 " since the 14th, had a little hail and wind damage. We are lucky compared to others, just relating what the area has had over the last couple weeks. If we could I would try to get something planted on those acres lost but still too wet, water standing on a lot of those acres and I see QT weather has us near the bullseye to get another 2 - 4 " over the next 5 days so I'm not even thinking about it. Spraying soys will take presidence when we can get back in the fields and it would be smart to get some more nitrogen on but again with the forecast and ability to get in the fields we are limited.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Poll works but have to go to the home page
0 Kudos