cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Price Ratio A Mind Shift

Is the market buying soybean acres? That's the question floating above the trading floor. As a farmer, what say you?

Full story:  Price Ratio Signals "Still Time" For Acreage Shifts

Mike

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: Price Ratio A Mind Shift

I agree beans are switching some "on the fence " acres, but the majority of farmers prefer to raise corn, in my area beans at this point financially are an easy decision but alot can happen between now and fall
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Don't be naive.  If there is a switch of crops to be planted, it certainly is NOT because the price of soybeans has meekly gone up.......It is strickly because of USDA's prediction of increased corn acres to be planted and the assumption of increasing the corn carryover by a massive amount.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Maybe some will switch to cheaper bean inputs in the face of possible lower corn prices.  La Nina would seem to me to be more likely to hurt bean yield than corn, but it's a very iffy call.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I should have saved the article, but I did see on the Reuters newswire a story laying out the idea that La Nina could be arriving before fall, which is different than what was predicted earlier.

Mike

0 Kudos