cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Pro Farmer- soy

I continue to be alerted to the state of beans. If the tour finds pods off about 6% - total?

if you take out SD which is bogus b/c 90% of their prod is North, and IN, OH = 12 % below 3 yr avg - thats including the IL, IA, NE & MN current counts.

here's the kicker - this of course doesn't include thu huge prod area in N. SD, ND, N. MN - which accounts for 15-20% total US prod and which has been some the driest real estate in the belt - last 30 days.

now, the delta might make up a fraction from 3 yr avg......but WOW.......do the total math, if you can.

hint: the # is low.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Re: Pro Farmer- soy

earlier today i posted a sell for SX if we couldn't take out Wed high, which we didn't - tgt = 1250.

it might be a trick fundamentally, but mkt is overbought for a few day correction so tonight, if they can't eclipse today's high (a test then sell again) - technically, sell off is still on.

anybody in the great white north with all those bean ac. who can report on how plants are fairing?

thanks,

c-x-1

0 Kudos
crophugger
Senior Contributor

sand is all but gone. The best dirt that did get planted few more days kind of thought that what it would be like sand looked awesome to begin with and the good dirt did not get planted till late so short and shallow rooted 90-95 next week  and will be all over but the crying.

0 Kudos
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Ontario soys are variable.

Windsor, Chatham areas had problems from the start with too much rain.

London and north are much better even excellent crops with some weed pressure and now dry areas are starting to show.

Showing yellowing on knolls as the beans mature maybe a little early because of moisture stress (lack of moisture).

Personally looking at a good crop, above average.

Here is a short report on Stats Canada report, corn and beans

http://blackburnnews.com/agrimedia/agrimedia-news/2013/08/22/statscan-more-corn-less-soybeans-nation...

0 Kudos
farm-n-hawk
Veteran Contributor

Yep, Everyone's talking about the corn

but think soybeans is the crop in real trouble.

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

What does a sub 3 billion bushel bean crop do to the balance sheet?   We may find out.

0 Kudos
farmerguy89
Advisor

I'm north of Canuck in the good area he described. No trouble. Big yields for me!
0 Kudos