Contributor

Pro Farmer

Anybody know how PF calculates their state average projection. When I average the anticipated yields from each location in that state, I don't come up with the same average for the state that they do. My average for Ohio shows 5 bushel higher than theirs and my average for Indiana is 9 bushel lower than theirs. What piece of the formula am I missing? Do some locations hold more weight than others when calculating state average? Not bashing, just asking. I think we all knew there would be a broad spectrum of results.
Honored Advisor

Re: Pro Farmer

I don`t know, so you took the total of their samples, added and divided and it was different from Poor Farmer`s results?  I heard one of the samplers in Nebraska "couldn`t get a yield check in a field" maybe it was too variable and poor, so they do some funny business in cases like that?   There might be fields that you walk 200 feet and it`s over 200 and walk another 200 feet and it`s zero, only the elevator weigh tickets will tell the real story.   But it sounds like Poor Farmer it`s about always lite of USDA`s final yield...hope not this time. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Pro Farmer

Yes that is how I calculated.