cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Pro farmer......

Did I see where they were going on tour next week?........this ought be good.......i hope they got all the egg wiped off their face before hitting the road.......so they don't drive off the road looking at all the great corn........maybe they will actually get out of the truck this year........

This corn crop is now officially a train wreck........saw soya wilting and yellowing today.......and it was in the so called garden spot of IA.......guys it's August 20th in a few hours, not July...........what's there is there.......it's all down hill from here.......
0 Kudos
6 Replies
jrsiajdranch
Veteran Advisor

Re: Pro farmer......

The pro farmer tour is just a way for chip to find the best eateries and a better place to hunt! The corn yield number is just so he can justify the tax right off!

0 Kudos
arnfarm735
Senior Contributor

Tisk, tisk tisk boys.  You would rather trust the government's reports -- talk about missing the bar???

0 Kudos
jrsiajdranch
Veteran Advisor

Don't worry I am an equal opportunity criticizer! LOL

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Want do you want them to "find" on the tour?    Just follow the money.

0 Kudos
67guy
Veteran Contributor

What number from Pro Farmer would you be happy with? I'm guessing 155 for corn and 40 for beans as actual yields. I have no idea what PF will say. I don't know why everyone gets so worked up about it. Traders seem to pay little attention to them anymore. I look at it as entertainment. I really don't have a clue about yields locally. All of July and first two weeks of August were painfully dry. I'm not gonna guess on my yields. Guys still give me a lot of grief about missing the call in 2005.
0 Kudos
idalivered
Advisor

I apologize for any "grief" i may have given you. the shoe might be on my foot this year. I really don't know what we have, but not the yields we have grown accustomed to the last 5 years. 50% chance of rain tomorrow and tues., tho. We usually lose more yield to too much water than not enuf.

0 Kudos