cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Protien shortage

Just wondering what others thoughts are a bout the real picture,or wether the real picture exsist. We are bouncing back and forth in the grain markets like a yoyo.Every power that be,and I am talking stock  investers al the way to field scouting chem recomending,fert recomending ,other words people interested in ag and anyone that you may think would be wise enough,or bother being informed enough of the happenings of the world,and one comment keeps comming up. (The world is short of protien.) Nuts,Peanuts,some grains,meats,and what ever is nessasary to produce these meats. In my area grain and seed production ground is slowly but surely giving way to groves of hazel nuts.We are a 132 = bu+ area for wheat production. Now barring  the idea that the gov. would back of of renewable fuels,why would any one want to be a bear?  Is it simply because of what the midwest can do to the corn inventorie in one year.These guys should keep their production info private! (maybe USDA should shut down all offices.)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Protien shortage

Ray we do.  The statistical surveys have a low % of responses.  They have tried several ideas to get more.  redefining entities,  and attrician has created out of the program production.  And the amount of non insurance acres is unknown.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

If I was to go strictly by charting,ins,adjustments,basicly the markets own deep rooted ins and outs,(HABBITS),I'd say wheat will hit some where around $8.00 by june 1st. Now guys,go ahead and slap the crap out of me but just following the lessons of the past few years. Like I said in a previous post,(THIS IS NOT YOUR FATHERS MARKET!)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

wheat is the one that looks undervalued, and wheat country had big production issues this year  HRW that is.

We get calls from the Okla port occasionally and they are more interested in finding wheat than beans or corn.  Got one yesterday.

0 Kudos