cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

RFS Rules By November 30

EPA has agreed to come clean on the Renewable Fuels Standard by November 30th.

Here's the latest from the American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers press release.

"Last month, the American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM) and the American Petroleum Institute (API) filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to force the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to issue long overdue rules implementing the federal Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS). The annual RFS rules set the volumes of ethanol and biodiesel that must be blended into the U.S. transportation fuel supply. Earlier today, the parties filed with the court a draft consent decree that, once implemented, would resolve the case.

The consent decree obligates the Environmental Protection Agency to issue final RFS rules for 2014 and 2015 by November 30 of this year. EPA's delay in issuing the rules, which in the case of 2014 is more than a year late, has forced refiners to guess at their legal obligations to blend renewable fuels, and resulted in unnecessary market uncertainty that ultimately harms the U.S. refining industry, biofuel producers, and consumers."

What do you think? Will it happen? How important is this to the corn market, in your opinion?

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: RFS Rules By November 30

well eagle eye you got most of the story right.  on the groups it will harm, you forgot the american farmers, a slight

oversight, considering the publication.

my question is, where is the american farm bureau, and the corn growers group on this ?  they should be

on this like ugly on a monkey.

a reduction in the requirement of biofuels, would have an impact on our air quality, the profitability of biofuels

companies, refiners, and american agriculture.

biofuels have contributed to the effect which has lowered the fuel cost we now enjoy (but for how long, I don't

know).

it truly is a big story, too bad it is not treated as such.

in my humble opinion

0 Kudos