cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

RIP 2013 Crop.....its over....

Heat building back and no rain.......and its the first week of september already........time to pack it up.....

This crop is done.......
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: RIP 2013 Crop.....its over....

The crop is not "done" it is approaching the finish line though.

Looks to me as though it has blisters and a twisted ankle from the way it is hobbling and listing to port just a little.

There will be billions and billions of bu of corn ..Just not 14.  The bean users are going to need to schedule imports from Brazil to get through till the '14 harvest. The total in this country will start with a 2 NOT a 3.

The weekend rain event was a fizzle for most but not all.

0 Kudos
425Cat
Advisor

Shake and bake baby! stick a fork in it she's done. Pass the salt please. Peak corn , beans, wheat, milo, and canola. Oh and oats too
0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

for beans - this is a conservative exercise based on precip to illustrate if damage is worse (which I highly suspect), this market is in for a SHOCK -- last yr = 3. so 3 X .9 (pod #) X  .9 ( seed size) = 2.43

0 Kudos
farmerguy89
Advisor

Peak wheat my ass
0 Kudos
425Cat
Advisor

Well wheat is going to have to get in on the bidding acres war soon at least soft red anyway
0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

Begs the question.....

.... how are DC beans doing after wheat further north?

0 Kudos
ehoff4187600
Frequent Contributor

Re: Begs the question.....

Doublecrop are hurting just like full seasons. Mile 44 was quite lonely w/o MT this weekend. Should have taken a pic.

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Peak milo, please explain your reasoning. Central Kansas is on pace for record or near record crops, and we've already got the subsoil moisture to finish them.
0 Kudos