cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frank232
Frequent Contributor

Rain makes grain???

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this map...

There are fields around southwest WI (where i live) that still haven't been planted!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Wind
Advisor

Re: Rain makes grain???

The clock is ticking.  Even if we get half that amount there will be a lot of June planted beans and some corn too.  Grain needs sunshine too.  A very interesting scenario coming up.  93 again? Time will tell.

Wind

0 Kudos
Pete379
Contributor

Yikes,  No June planted corn here its going to be PP or Beans.  Don't want to deal with the we light stuff this fall.  We have had 3 and a 1/2 days to plant in May.  Needless to say "not enough"  Relentless spring here in North Central Iowa.

0 Kudos
Wind
Advisor

Pete,  What % of the corn is planted in your area?  Most of the corn is in around here--beans maybe 35%--maybe.  Central Iowa.

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

I might get a kick out of this , frank, but it looks like some folks in IA, MN, SD, WI might need some jon boats to get around........................

............................... lot of fields in SE MN haven't been planted in corn either...and i live in Tx.

so who's in MN not planted Corn yet?

if USDA prints anything above 79% PLANTED national on Tues, their FULL'O' BULL.

thanks. 

0 Kudos
rayjenkins
Veteran Advisor

then you better get ready to call them full of bull

last week's number was light to reality as well

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

ray,

do ya mean heavy to reality???   meaning last weeks print was higher than real?

0 Kudos
Pete379
Contributor

Its hard to tell alot of corn on corn.  But I would say norh of me 60% done.  In my area I would say 80%.  Yes there are people done.  If you planted before our foot of snow or have less than 4 days of planting you got done but just under the wire.  There are alot of farmers with a day left, that being said it could be 200 to a 1000 acres.  It all adds up.  Maybe a few beans in.  Not many.  With a week of rain on the way its even hard to figure on a full crop of beans let alone corn. 

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Why don't you all send that rain back to Kansas, it would benefit everyone.
0 Kudos
jec22
Veteran Advisor

In parts of IA, planted corn acreage is going backward( backward from 70% or 80% is up for debate).   Heard the same for MN.  Not enough the market will care though. 

If it keeps raining, those acres are going to beans, or just failed acres. 

Starting to have flashbacks of 93, really thought that was a once in  a lifetime event.  See TX even got some flooding rains, maybe that means we have hope to dry out.

If that precp. map is right the this week, some places will get as much rain as in a total summer in the last week and the one ahead.   If you take the last 12 months, and average them, I bet we are right on target for 'average' precp.  I hope this week is one the weatherman is TOTALLY wrong on. 

Going to be a wild ride, weather, the economy, and supply and demand.  Might need to change to aquaculture.  But, didn't the Indians use fish for fertilizer?   

And if we don't raise a crop, or if we raise a big crop, our bellies will still be full, unlike many on this earth. 

Ray, what areas of the country have most of the old crop corn supplies left?   

0 Kudos